• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

Been on a few stag nights to Blackpool back in the day before trips abroad became the norm (done a few of those too)

I seem to recall a Sunday lunch time ride on the Big One, when it was still pay per ride, did the trick for the hangover cure. Felt horrendous before riding and came off feeling much better bizarrely.

I’m not sure if anyone else has had any similar experiences, but the brake run of the water coaster ‘Speed’ absolutely did a number on my lower back/tail-bone. I’m still suffering from the pain nearly two weeks later, and I’ve never experienced anything like that before on a ride.
I’m trying to wrack my brains about this but my ride in June 2023 was entirely uneventful…

I assume you mean when you hit the water, which acts as the brakes after the final section & drop, that’s when it happened?

Please do get checked out for any underlying injuries!

I’m trying to wrack my brains about this but my ride in June 2023 was entirely uneventful…

I assume you mean when you hit the water, which acts as the brakes after the final section & drop, that’s when it happened?

Please do get checked out for any underlying injuries!
Yes, all of my previous rides on it had also been uneventful!

I believe it was just after the final drop as we approached the station. There was a minor jolt followed by a second jolt which was pretty brutal. Thankfully, it was the last ride of the day so the injury couldn’t be aggravated any further. The rest of the day/weekend was spent drunk so I was somewhat oblivious to the pain, but it’s been pretty uncomfortable ever since I got back.

I visited Sweet Valley at the weekend. A couple of observations from the “new” area:

- The two coasters are both very good, far better than I was expecting and both pretty forceful for family coasters

- Since the area has basically been SBNO for at least two years before opening, it already looks in very bad shape. Paint peeling, concrete cracking off the walls, moss on some of the buildings. There’s also a piece of phone box theming with rubber donuts all over the walls, about a third of which have already fallen off

- A lot of the area still looks unfinished. One of the main mountains on Choc Chip Creek being only a metal shell is the main example of this, but there were also lots of empty shelves in the ride’s queue line, and several areas of nothingness

Sorry if I’m sounding negative. Overall it’s a nice area and the coasters were both unexpected highlights.

One thing I noticed about the park in general this time, compared with my last visit, is that they’re enforcing the use of lockers on pretty much every major ride now. Last time I went, this was only the case on Hyperion.

Will be heading back to EL next week, Looking forward to seeing the new sweet valley area and the new coasters with the erm interesting theming, In terms of riding Hyperion what choose of seat is needed so I dont end up in a neck brace like saw?
Side note... What investment should EL focus on next.... On site hotel? Dark ride? Or tidy that front part up

Will be heading back to EL next week, Looking forward to seeing the new sweet valley area and the new coasters with the erm interesting theming, In terms of riding Hyperion what choose of seat is needed so I dont end up in a neck brace like saw?
Side note... What investment should EL focus on next.... On site hotel? Dark ride? Or tidy that front part up
Investment wise, I think that the park needs mostly to focus on getting some decent dark rides. Nearby Legendia has a fantastic trackless dark ride, whereas EL’s only dark ride is somewhat questionable.

A bit of a park clean up would be nice; but I don’t actually think that the front half of the park is that bad. The circus area isn’t great, but I’ve seen worse, and the areas around the Swiss boat ride, Speed and the larger Rapids ride, are actually pretty nice areas.

I was debating Legendia but wont have a car so not sure how easy it is too get too
I agree a dark ride would go down a treat and a good tidy up do no harm, It does seem investment has slowed right down but they couldnt carry on at that rapid rate

I was debating Legendia but wont have a car so not sure how easy it is too get too
I’ve planned a solo trip to Krakow in July which I plan to do mainly by public transport (I may hire a car for part of it due to the late closing of EL one day). What I’ve found is that if you can get to Katowice station, it’s a short walk (2 mins) to a tram stop direct to Legendia, taking about 15 mins. The journey can be planned and tickets can be bought in English on the Transport GZM app.

If all else fails I believe Uber is relatively cheap.

I’ll be interested to know your experiences as I’ve not been to Poland/EL before.

I agree a dark ride would go down a treat and a good tidy up do no harm, It does seem investment has slowed right down but they couldnt carry on at that rapid rate

You can get a train from Krakow to Katowice and get a tram to the park that will literally drop you off outside the park!

Lech is also the best steel coaster of the combined EL/Legendia trip (If we count Zadra as a hybrid and a separate thing)

Just spent 2 days at energylandia. Busy with school groups but the park can suck up the crowds no bother. No rain and 24 degrees on both days. Never queued for more than 20 minutes. Zero downtime that I noticed (hello alton). Expect to walk, we did 8 miles each day but we had multiple rides on the good stuff.

Ride wise well you all know what's good and what isn't. One thing to note is the Mayan coaster (vekoma slc) isn't too bad with the newer trains.

Wish they'd do something with that monster house. Cringe.

We must of been there the same day Friday and Saturday, 20 min wait max... Longest walk onto Zadar, All the que lines seem so long. All the main coasters are running well, Sweet valley is a great addition to the park, They just need to finish the area!

Park could really do with a good quality dark ride. The investment has slowed down but this park will keep me coming back each year. Easy to get too from Krakow. Not sure an on site hotel with benefit