• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Business...big money, people at the top who think they know better.
Not baffling, just money speaking again.
People at the top that think they know better. Now where have I heard that before ?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

After the disappointing yet expected relegation for Birmingham into league one yesterday, I’m hoping my second team, Solihull Moors win the playoff final to secure a place in League Two today

Edit: it was a fantastic game but unfortunately wasn’t to be.

Last edited:
Football is a strange game.

West ham looking like doing a very west ham thing, in replacing a manager who has done ok for them. Won them a European trophy and got them safe in mid table.

Them we have spurs fans. Traveling back from anfield last night, for reasons I can't see why, they are unhappy. Clubs in fith. You have got away from dull football, you constantly complained about. They lost one of the worlds best strikers. They are still not happy. To me, they have had a decent first season with Ange. I will back them in protesting Daniel Levy's strange decision to take away the senior citizens ticket price. Another club owner, punishing the season ticket holder.

West ham always have a "right, let's change how we play football, I want to see fast paced, tika taka style." A few months into the season they end up with a David Moyes in charge because they have shit the bed and panicked they could go down. Purely because, all the players a new manager inherited. Play to a backs against the wall style.

Enjoyable trip to Anfield for the penultimate time under Klopp.

Barring a bright start Spurs looked completely disinterested until they went 3-0 down. Still Liverpools win and other results have confirmed we'll be finishing in the top 3.

Think for Spurs you have to consider this season they had no European football, got knocked out of both cups in the early rounds, and despite this they'll be finishing 5th at best. When they'll have had the lightest schedule of any of the teams, next season they'll be playing a minimum 8 games of European football.

They were looking pretty good until Maddison got injured and then the likes of Udogie and another couple have been in and out of fitness too. They struggle if their 1st eleven are not all fit. They're not great defensively also due to their more open style of play.

Enjoyable trip to Anfield for the penultimate time under Klopp.

Barring a bright start Spurs looked completely disinterested until they went 3-0 down. Still Liverpools win and other results have confirmed we'll be finishing in the top 3.

Think for Spurs you have to consider this season they had no European football, got knocked out of both cups in the early rounds, and despite this they'll be finishing 5th at best. When they'll have had the lightest schedule of any of the teams, next season they'll be playing a minimum 8 games of European football.

I think their resurrection in yesterday game, came from klopp probably being too comfortable and putting Bajetic on. Taking Endo and Mac Alister off early gave spurs a chance to break on us.

Best I've seen Elliot play from the start for a while and what a beauty that was.

Palace were as good last night as Man Utd were terrible.

But seen it more than enough times that we've never taken advantage of such games.

Excited for next season.

You are looking good - hopefully you’ll keep Eze and Olise

But seen it more than enough times that we've never taken advantage of such games.

Excited for next season.

Amazing how much he's getting out of that squad. Some real attacking talent there that Woy's tactics could utilise.

The new manager does seem pretty good, but Roy did have some injuries to key players to be fair to him. He probably did carry on in management slightly too long all things being considered though.

Excited for next season.
We’ve been here before.

I can see Guehi being sold as he only has two years left. Wouldn’t be the end of the world as Lerma could slot in.

Olise and Eze will have admirers of course. That’s where we’ve been before (Wilf, Bolaise, AJ, Routledge etc.)

One season with this team plus Doucoure back could see us challenging.

Cracking performance and result for Borussia Dortmund tonight getting to the Champions League Final.

Liked them going back to them winning it in 1997, watched them a lot under Klopp, and saw Liverpool play there in 2016. Great supporters as well.

Excited for next season.

One of the best nights I've ever had at Selhurst

I get people going on about how crap United were, but we were brilliant and Glasner has transformed this club in the short amount of time he has had. Not sure if I believe that he's not David Copperfield!

If we can keep onto most, if not all, of our key players, next season is gonna be interesting

If we can keep onto most, if not all, of our key players, next season is gonna be interesting

I think how well Aston Villa have done well under Emery, given their recent basket case history, has opened a lot of clubs eyes that getting the right person in charge of the team can reap massive rewards.