• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mindbender at Galaxyland has officially closed.

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Sad news, as it was such an iconic Schwarzkopf attraction. Unfortunately, I never experienced it. There is a chance that it could be relocated though.

Gutting to say the least :( I know the place is being transformed into a Hasbro park so I guess it didn't fit it with their plans. Hopefully it gets a new home and and at least I ain't gotta go to Edmonton now

It looks very similar to olympia looping in terms of pictures …. Would someone adapt it and travel it ?
I mean, you could but I doubt anyone ever would. It's probably the same height as Olympia and half again. Significant bit of kit, built without a base frame, which you would need. Not to mention a fleet of specifically adapted trucks and trailers. Feels like a faff for what is approaching a 40 year old ride.

Olympia is a quirk, I think. Barth used to travel more coasters. Also interestingly, they installed Mindbender originally.

I am trying to think if the plot is flat, I think it largely is, but some of the pathways are raised which makes it feel like it isn't.

Looks like a fairly 'clean' removal of that particular piece - although that might be because it was easier, rather than anything else.

I wonder if that is for vehicular access to the site ?

R.I.P to what was in my opinion Schwarzkopf's magnum opus looking at the layout alone. Very sad.

So glad I got to ride this when I did. Up there with Ulti. We will never see the likes of this insanity again. :cry: