• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

So interesting to hear that they were still considering (I assume) an invert as the replacement, glad they didn’t end up going with it for Nemmy, but wonder if this sort of “reinterpretation” would be a good option to go with on certain other coasters in the future.

So interesting to hear that they were still considering (I assume) an invert as the replacement, glad they didn’t end up going with it for Nemmy, but wonder if this sort of “reinterpretation” would be a good option to go with on certain other coasters in the future.
Would be nice if they could've made it as a duelling interaction. Inverys are my favourite type of coaster. I visited Florida for the first time in 2017, and a few weeks before I went the announced that Duelling Dragons/Dragon Challenge would be closing, 3 days before I would arrive. I've never been so disappointed in my life.
I think a second invert in FV would be pretty good.
There are parks out there that have more than one of the same type of coaster. Carrowinds have two B&M hypers.

I see a lot of sh*tposting from other "enthusiasts" saying that Nemesis layout is "mid" at best, but I just don't agree. No other invert has an even remotely similar layout as Nemesis
I have seen them, but I don't understand it, you get the 1, 2, 3 combo with the corkscrew, helix and 0 g roll then a less intence, but still forcefull turnarround followed by the loop then a nice breather turn followed by the corcsrew poping out of the ground and back in (which is amazing to also watch around the area I love how it just peeps out of the hole) and then a turn arround and brake run. I love the lay out,

IMG_1892.png
And there we have it on the eye.

Not a new theming element, love a moan as much as anyone else but probably worth knowing what’s actually happening first 😬
I realised on the way back it was probably for that, makes sence but that probably was what the trailer and JCB was for
if galactica gets reinterpreted I would love to see is a modification to just after the portal (where it goes fly to lie) and add a pretzle loop going arround the path, It would be an amazing spectical to just stand and watch it fly round the path, and I have been on manta at sea world and I still remember the pretzle loop and it is probably my favourate coaster element, you just get pushed into the back of your seat, although it would probably remove from the relaxing ride theme.

also nemesis is running fast, but I noticed it sounds loud and very, similar to the smiler (mainly noticable during the transition from helix to 0 g roll and in the loop pit) and nothing too noticable but I felt a very light vibration througout the entire layout, starting at the top of the lift hill it then got quicker and varied with the speed, I could even feel it in the brake run I think it is what is making it sound similar to the smiler (a deep roar with a higher pitch tone that varies with speed) I wonder if they are running with the harder wheels still as it was running faster than i have ridden it before, overall it didn't take anything away from the experience and is still pretty smooth, it was just something intresting I noticed.

Last edited:
Was indeed an invert that we were shown, although JB mentioned there were other options explored briefly. The one they shown was the one that was most developed. Might try and fire up the old NL2 tomorrow and try to roughly recreate it from memory.

also nemesis is running fast, but I noticed it sounds loud and very, similar to the smiler (mainly noticable during the transition from helix to 0 g roll and in the loop pit) and nothing too noticable but I felt a very light vibration througout the entire layout, starting at the top of the lift hill it then got quicker and varied with the speed, I could even feel it in the brake run I think it is what is making it sound similar to the smiler (a deep roar with a higher pitch tone that varies with speed) I wonder if they are running with the harder wheels still as it was running faster than i have ridden it before, overall it didn't take anything away from the experience and is still pretty smooth, it was just something intresting I noticed.
To me the smiler sounds like a gale force wind around the eaves of a house. It's a very specific sound I haven't heard on another coaster. I don't thing it sounds like Nemesis at all.

To me the smiler sounds like a gale force wind around the eaves of a house. It's a very specific sound I haven't heard on another coaster. I don't thing it sounds like Nemesis at all.
it was today that it has been, sounding very similar I havent been for a few weeks so I am guessing it has been gradual but I don't recall it, today at least it was sounding very similar, as you say like a gale force wind,
edit: this was the most recent video I could find, It is from a couple days ago and isn't as pronounced as I would have said it is now, but if you lisen carefully you can hear it starting to sound like the smiler, most promenet between 1 sec to 3 seconds.

Last edited:
it was today that it has been, sounding very similar I havent been for a few weeks so I am guessing it has been gradual but I don't recall it, today at least it was sounding very similar, as you say like a gale force wind,
edit: this was the most recent video I could find, It is from a couple days ago and isn't as pronounced as I would have said it is now, but if you lisen carefully you can hear it starting to sound like the smiler, most promenet between 1 sec to 3 seconds.

I know what you mean. I can only think it is cause by air displacement as the train passes over the track. It's more pronounced on The Smiler because the track has more open structure. And you can hear it now on Nemesis because the sand dampens the vibrations.

I know what you mean. I can only think it is cause by air displacement as the train passes over the track. It's more pronounced on The Smiler because the track has more open structure. And you can hear it now on Nemesis because the sand dampens the vibrations.
on nemesis, I think it is based on the wheels or something causing light vibration, I could feel it throughout the ride (most noticable on the brakes and first turn as you are going slow) it dosn't cause any problems, it is just a slight vibration, I think it is something you can't feel or hear it unless you know it is there

Two of the theories for the vibration from the brief discussions with staff tonight at the VIP event seem to be either the drip trays (different design now, can be a source of rattling) or, the sand in the track causing vibrations to be returned to the train, rather than being absorbed by the track. I'm not super clued up on the physics of it, but I could believe it.

The second theory seems the more likely to me, from watching videos of Nemesis near the end of its original life, the rattling sound does seem to be audible as discussed recently, although perhaps not as prominent and masked by the roar (on that subject, it was howling today into the pit before the stall turn and into the loop, both trains sounded fantastic).

It could well be a combination of both, or something else entirely, but it sounds like they are working hard on investigating and resolving it.

B&Ms have been filled with sand for many years now, though, and it’s only in the last year or two that some new B&Ms seem to have been rattly. So that may not necessarily be it.

My (admittedly completely uninformed) thought is that it could have something to do with the wheel assembly. Seeing as the rattle is allegedly worse on one train, that leads me to think that it may not necessarily be a track issue.

I also think that it could be the wheel assembly because I recently heard about Helix’s Mack rattle vanishing when Liseberg replaced all of the wheel assemblies on the trains. Maybe rattling does have something to do with the wheels?

It's probably the combination of these little things that have changed over the years.
Honestly if that's only the trade off for still having Nemesis, I think it's worth it
I'm hoping it is linked to the drip trays rather than the sand. I think this makes more sense as they have used sand in their track since the early 2000's. I believe Kraken was the first? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. And there have not been any rattle issues until recent years, so I would say it sounds more likely to be due to train design.
If it can't be resolved, I can live with it, as long as it's not going to be a deteriorating issue.

The drip trays and the sound of them rattling may be a symptom of "the rattle", but the noise isn't the problem, it's whatever is causing the trains to vibrate in a way that they create noise.

The fact that it can feel very different day to day, on different trains, in different conditions, suggests it's much more likely to be caused by the most flexible, changeable part of any rollercoaster - the wheels and how they interact with the rails.

Well I'm even rustier than I thought on NL so here's two very rough sketches of the layout of the almost Nemesis 2.0 that we were shown.

The station and brakes were in the same place, but I wasn't sure if the lift was in the same place or angled to the left a bit, as after the lift it dropped to the right, in a turnaround similar to Air next door. It looked a bit taller than the original (tree growth?) or it might have just been because the pre-drop was eliminated and/or they would have lowered the plateu so it could have a proper small drop at the top. I couldn't quite tell from the image whether the drop included a roll into it like The Smiler or whether it was a standard drop. It dropped all the way to the bottom of the pit which would have been spectacular. It then swooped to the right, into an immelmann, possibly using the trench that the current helix dives down. A tall zero-g roll took it over to the far side of the pit, followed by a bigger turnaround to the left, skirting the side of the pit, coming back around, down and up into another zero-g roll. Following this it left the pit, sweeps over the midway, and then a helix took it into a trench (The Blade's?). A final corkscrew took it back into the pit and the final corner, climbed back into the brakes in a fairly similar way to current Nemesis although with a bit more of a height difference and closer to 270 degrees.

It was only on screen for a minute or two and I've slept since so it might be off, but it's definitely close enough to get the idea. The use of height was interesting, the first zero-g looked huge and even the final inversion looked quite big, it must have been quite energy efficient. I liked how many elements they reinterpreted and the new opportunities for interacting with guests, and just how they were able to come up with a new layout without any real changes to the landscape, but because it was more spread out and 'bigger' it did make the ending seem more abrupt, even though it must have actually been longer.

If it had been built I'm confident it would have been the best coaster in the country, but it wouldn't have been an improvement. It's a testament to just how good Nemesis and its brand are that even the moneymen realised that rebuilding it made more sense than starting over, establishing a new brand and trying to get even the general public to move on from it.

new nemesis 2.pngnew nemesis 1.png

If it had been built I'm confident it would have been the best coaster in the country, but it wouldn't have been an improvement. It's a testament to just how good Nemesis and its brand are that even the moneymen realised that rebuilding it made more sense than starting over, establishing a new brand and trying to get even the general public to move on from it.
It looks less intense. A less compact layout which would likely result in reduced forces. We all see how many people complain that modern B&M layouts are forceless. I couldn't imagine Nemesis without that downward helix, it's one of the best elements on a ride and it pulls no punches.

I would be happy to see this ride materialise, but at the cost of Nemesis existence in its past/current form? No.

Looks like it could fit on the Air/Galactica site though 👀