• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Potential New Universal UK Park

Probably too dated now but BTTF area with 88.8mph launched Delorean coaster please.

Oh god yes. If we get something similar to VelociCoaster, I want it to be this!

I think my number 1 pick for a headline attraction would be a LOTR land. It's British, has a huge following and cult legacy, and the material could go into some fantastic rides.

Other than that, as I've said before, I'd like it to mostly be American IP oriented. Nice mixture of classic and new Universal properties. Nintendo is the only 3rd party thing I desperately want

Lord of the Rings would be great as they could create an *extremely* authentic immersive area by having the main location of the land as The Shire. Hobbiton and the round doors nestled in rolling hills is the first thing most general public will recognise. The farm like landscape would work well for sedate outdoor family rides. You can then have the hills turn to the mountains to conceal large show buildings for a coaster in the mines as well as a large scale dark ride

Lord of the Rings would be great as they could create an *extremely* authentic immersive area by having the main location of the land as The Shire. Hobbiton and the round doors nestled in rolling hills is the first thing most general public will recognise. The farm like landscape would work well for sedate outdoor family rides. You can then have the hills turn to the mountains to conceal large show buildings for a coaster in the mines as well as a large scale dark ride

Then in the Lake Zone you can have Isengard and the forest of fangorn which will seamlessly meld with the restoration area.

Then in the Lake Zone you can have Isengard and the forest of fangorn which will seamlessly meld with the restoration area.
I don’t disagree, however the park that is opening is contained in the other half of the site, and they’ll want LoTR as an opening day area. The Lake Zone could be utilised for anything further down the line and potentially a second LoTR land, or they could do a take on Epic Universe using the natural landscaping

I don’t disagree, however the park that is opening is contained in the other half of the site, and they’ll want LoTR as an opening day area. The Lake Zone could be utilised for anything further down the line and potentially a second LoTR land, or they could do a take on Epic Universe using the natural landscaping
I mean it would be a second LOTR land. Much like how IOA has Hogwart's Castle and USF has Diagon Alley.

I don’t know if it would go down in the same way - LoTR doesn’t have as many iconic locations that permeate public consciousness. The second park will be a VERY long way off though

The Tower of Isengard is pretty damn iconic, and you can pair it with Sauron's Tower and his giant flaming eye too.

I agree the second park is a long way off, but we're just spitballing here. I think it's fun coming up with possible ideas for that second gate, especially with it's peculiar shape and it having the restoration area to boot. It really lends itself to the more fantastical IP's with a focus on wildlife and nature, so LOTR, Zelda etc etc.

I don’t know if it would go down in the same way - LoTR doesn’t have as many iconic locations that permeate public consciousness. The second park will be a VERY long way off though
I think Epic Universe will also get a LOTR area possibly after the UK opening.

In regards to Nintendo the more I think about Pokémon the harder it is to imagine a themed area with rides on the IP. It does not lend itself that well to rides like other Nintendo IPs. I see it as more of and extension of an existing Nintendo themed area. I think Mario Kart would work really well, have a nice family coaster as the main attraction.

In regards to Nintendo the more I think about Pokémon the harder it is to imagine a themed area with rides on the IP. It does not lend itself that well to rides like other Nintendo IPs. I see it as more of and extension of an existing Nintendo themed area. I think Mario Kart would work really well, have a nice family coaster as the main attraction.
Pokemon is very easy to gamify, through the land you could have essentially a version of Pokemon Go, using the Nintendo power band.
You could integrate real Pokemon animatronics in conjunction with this. The Mario Kart ride system is essentially perfect for a Pokemon ride too, with some Pokemon being real animatronics and some being on the AR goggles.

Locations in Pokemon such as Nimbasa City are in world theme parks, the Battle Frontier is a fan favourite. Pokemon is also a franchise that isn’t tied to a location so they would have a lot of success having the land be its own area, similar to how Disney did Batuu for Star Wars

Pokemon is comparatively open ended, not only do you have the mainline games and the anime, as well as the characters, spin off games such as Pokemon Snap also lend themselves to attractions. Your main ride could be very Pokemon themed, in terms of having a story / journey, likely seeking out a legendary Pokemon. Then the “yoshis adventure” equivalent could be a Snap Safari with an interactive element again.

Universal have explored Pokemon already prior to covid, with it being mooted as a plan for Kidzone in UOR

If we’re talking Nintendo then I want a dark ride but I’m Samus shooting Metroids and Space Pirates. Like MIB Alien attack but.. space jellyfish

I think Pokemon would be suited to structurally to something like The Land Pavilion at Epcot.

Essentially, a Pokemon Centre housed indoors with a shop and restaurant in the centre, and a handful of dark rides/slow boat rides extending out.

- Pokemon Snap interactive ride
- Deep Sea exploration
- Ultra Beast Wormhole thingy