• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Is that not more to do with maintenance than anything else though. It kind of feels like they have only just caught up with the winter maintenance (except for Thirteen).

Yep, last year Galactica was only running two trains until around this point, then ran three pretty consistently through the rest of the season.

Fantastic ops on Galactica right now. Three trains and in the 20 minutes I was waiting they consistently avoided stacking, with the staff moving like squirrels on Weetabix. Been a looong time since I’ve seen it operate this well!
Goes to show how much 3 trains really helps the rides ops!

I was there on Thursday and the ride didn’t even open until around 10:45, yet by 11 it already had a 40 min queue due to it only being on 2 trains

We gave the ride a miss that day as I can’t really justify waiting more than 15-20 mins, even on a peak day, would much rather spend 40+ min queuing for any other big 7 ride

I thought Galactica had 3 trains on the system on opening day? When I rode at about 7.30pm it was on 2 trains/1 station but I'm sure the 3rd train was parked in the other station.
I’m unsure I just heard it hasn’t been on 3. It was on 1 train when I went a few weeks back offpeak so I assume one train wasn’t ready yet and the other was broken.

Reliability has been terrible this weekend (my first trip of the year). Nothing in the Dark Forest seems to work for more than 10 minute's at a time. Tried to get on thirteen multiple times this weekend, failed and thrown out the queue on every occasion. No one shot fast tracks being handed out because this is happening constantly.

The smiler has been down the majority of the day today.

Galactica on one station is just dire all weekend. Don't get me started on the state of it, the station looks an absoloute mess. Heard multiple guests comment in the queue line stating its needs a jet wash.

Can't believe I'm saying this I'm missing the fairground rides. At least they worked *expect for the one in Forbidden Valley.

I can't understand what's going so wrong with so many of the rides? Everyone is just walking around as we keep getting thrown out of the queues.

Here are the throughputs I recorded yesterday:
The Smiler - 3 trains - baggage hold open - around 750pph
Oblivion - 5 shuttles - 2 stations - 1,175pph
Rita - 2 trains - 700pph
Thirteen - 2 trains - 570pph - wish i was lying
Galactica- 2 Stations - 2 Trains - 850pph
Nemesis Reborn - 2 trains - 980pph
Spinball Whizzer - 590pph
Wicker Man - 3 trains - 1,070pph

Reliability has been terrible this weekend (my first trip of the year). Nothing in the Dark Forest seems to work for more than 10 minute's at a time. Tried to get on thirteen multiple times this weekend, failed and thrown out the queue on every occasion. No one shot fast tracks being handed out because this is happening constantly.

The smiler has been down the majority of the day today.

Galactica on one station is just dire all weekend. Don't get me started on the state of it, the station looks an absoloute mess. Heard multiple guests comment in the queue line stating its needs a jet wash.

Can't believe I'm saying this I'm missing the fairground rides. At least they worked *expect for the one in Forbidden Valley.

I can't understand what's going so wrong with so many of the rides? Everyone is just walking around as we keep getting thrown out of the queues.
yeah i noticed quite a lot of downtime yesterday too, not great

Here are the throughputs I recorded yesterday:
The Smiler - 3 trains - baggage hold open - around 750pph
Oblivion - 5 shuttles - 2 stations - 1,175pph
Rita - 2 trains - 700pph
Thirteen - 2 trains - 570pph - wish i was lying
Galactica- 2 Stations - 2 Trains - 850pph
Nemesis Reborn - 2 trains - 980pph
Spinball Whizzer - 590pph
Wicker Man - 3 trains - 1,070pph
Smiler dropped from 4 trains then. That’s a shame didn’t last long

yeah i noticed quite a lot of downtime yesterday too, not great
Much worse today.

Third time lucky with 13. We were the last riders who mamaged to get on as it then broke (cleared the queue for the 100th time day!), but got stuck in the station.

Bizzarly the train is not aligning with the air gates, they then can't release the restraints. They basically have to plug in a box and release them one by one.

Tried to queue for Smiler before park opening this morning and was told to try elsewhere as it wasn’t opening at 10am (think it opened after 2pm! Never went back to check). Went to Rita and was told the same thing. At that point the queue line for Thirteen was being let in so it was pretty much walk on at 9.50am. As we got off saw that only Nemesis and Thirteen had opened at 10am of the bigger rides.
Mine Train and Curse were pretty much walk on too on the way to Nemesis (advertised and actually 25 minutes).
After Nemesis quickly got on Blade and as Galactica had opened, joined a stated 40 minute queue but bizarrely everyone was heading to the same station even though both sides were open, so we went over the bridge and got straight on as that station was virtually empty.
Then went to Rapids which was on 45 minutes as the boats were being sent round with as few as 2 people on them.
Headed to Wicker Man but it was over 60 minutes so decided to try Spinball instead. Queue stated 30 minutes but got 2 rides in 20 minutes!
Don’t think any of the rides stayed running all day but it was very noticable how much faster the queue lines are moving at the moment.
Despite all the ride availability issues, had a pretty good day.

Thirteen has been a really poor investment for Towers, it's bar far the most inrealable coaster. Strange as it's an Intamin, I wonder if it was the wrong type of coaster for the wooded environment. Shame really as it's a solid family ride.

When coasters are having issues it really highlights the lack of flat rides. Dark forest really needs to be a priority in coming seasons