• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Eurovision 2024

Every time I see an overhead shot of the stage, all I can think of is Positiva Records.

Ireland gets my vote so far. It's like a Marilyn Manson cover of "They're Coming to Take Me Away".

The staging for Ireland's song last night was brilliant, and I hope that the song does well in the final. However, Croatia's song is definitely my favourite this year.

EBU - We are not political.

Also EBU - Pipe in crowd noise during Israel's performance whilst banning any mention of Palestine from attendees and performers
Whilst also, rightly, banning Russia and permitting acts of solidarity with Ukraine over the invasion.

The double standards of the EBU can sometimes be rather infuriating.

EBU - We are not political.

Also EBU - Pipe in crowd noise during Israel's performance whilst banning any mention of Palestine from attendees and performers.
The reaction to Israel in the arena on Wednesday night was not good. Quite a few people were shouting things during the performance, and there were sizeable numbers of people who just didn’t react at all. I was one of those, along with Mike and a really nice Irish guy we met - we just stayed silent and avoided looking at the stage at all during the performance.

The reaction to Israel in the arena on Wednesday night was not good. Quite a few people were shouting things during the performance, and there were sizeable numbers of people who just didn’t react at all. I was one of those, along with Mike and a really nice Irish guy we met - we just stayed silent and avoided looking at the stage at all during the performance.
Oh, please tell me you "turned your back on them", Naboo style? I wanna see a whole arena do that!

At first I honestly thought Israel had deliberately submitted an entry that they knew the EBU couldn't allow, just to give them a face-saving way of withdrawing and avoiding the inevitable backlash their participation would bring. I was rather surprised they agreed to make changes but once they confirmed their participation things were always going to turn ugly one way or another.