• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

If I’m correct they’ve basically used what was the previous ‘extended’ queue line. I wonder if they open parts of it on very quiet days to prevent people having to walk the full way round?
Most of it was closed off yesterday, it was a walk up to the first drop and around the perimeter towards the station. I intended on getting a large number of rides myself with it being walk on, but even with half the queue closed if it’s a hell of a lot of gradient to walk up and down. Got 6 rides in total across the day.

To make another point the vibration noise on train 2 was almost deafening sat on row 6, way too loud. Train 1 was absolutely fine.

I definitely feel like they could add a gate near to the container so you don’t have to walk back on yourself under the lift hill and back. But even then the queue line is long with all extensions shut.
Well, they want you to see the container preshow so the probably wouldn't do that, but I do agree it is a bit long

I’m on my second round of back-to-back rides and it’s as if it’s got faster through the day. 5 minute queue times as I couldn’t be bothered to wait for Rita to become operational again and I was stuck for 30 mins on the brake run of The Smiler

Wankered ankle.
Skateboarding multiple injuries...around '76, both sides.
Known as wankles by the local boarding community (even P.E.teachers) back in the day.
Now started to give me problems with arthritis due to massive calcification all those years ago.
How fun comes back to bite your arse.

Back on topic, and the specific issue of the ride entrance, at the start of the queue.
The only other path I know in a park that steep is the funny metal bridge where the big one train comes out of the station, and that has two handrails for old gits.
Further landscaping required please.

Wankered ankle.
Skateboarding multiple injuries...around '76, both sides.
Known as wankles by the local boarding community (even P.E.teachers) back in the day.
Now started to give me problems with arthritis due to massive calcification all those years ago.
How fun comes back to bite your arse.

Back on topic, and the specific issue of the ride entrance, at the start of the queue.
The only other path I know in a park that steep is the funny metal bridge where the big one train comes out of the station, and that has two handrails for old gits.
Further landscaping required please.
Yes that hill needs addressing, I’m quite a young frequent hiker but it takes it out of me after a few laps. And I’ve had friends who are worse on their feet really struggle getting up it just the once. I remember the dread of seeing the extension open during covid! “Do I have to go all the way up there for a walk on queue”. But alas we did

Speaking of the queue (ish), I am curious when the big lime(?) tree at the top of the pit got the chop... seems to be around 2017/2018? I was not visiting or following anything to do with ATR around this time, so I may have missed it... it's a shame because it's one of the prominent features in 1994 vids, and now it looks awful. I know it's still alive.

Was it misbehaving or causing issues? Attacking the old queueline maybe?

1715699403811.png1715699352579.png
1715699675954.png

I'm ashamed to say I'm not enough of an enthusiast to know the tree number, but it has the be the same one, even though it looks quite different now, as you can see above on opening day it was very bare and sad looking.

Massaria disease probably...has a flashy new name, but plane fungus...well spotted sir.
Causes dieback in plane trees, and if not managed, can kill off the whole tree.
Risks of branch and even whole tree falling, so it is good to see it being managed.
There endeth today's gardening lesson.

I was just watching Digital Dan's video and I saw this.. 1715704477586.png
(the metal grid thing top left) this appears (to me) to be some sort of theming structure piece that will go in later into construction, or I could be completely wrong! Who knows..

also that poor fence..

I was just watching Digital Dan's video and I saw this.. 1715704477586.png
(the metal grid thing top left) this appears (to me) to be some sort of theming structure piece that will go in later into construction, or I could be completely wrong! Who knows..

also that poor fence..
It is quite noticeable when at the park as well when heading from the blade, I would say it could be anything at this point, theming, a sign for which queue line is which, etc

I thought it was some kind of engine? You learn something every day!

Spinning Dorito power

Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif

Here endeth todays engine lessons

On with the topic, regarding the trees I'm glad they didn't go with stripping it all back. The empty area under the first corner shows how bad that would look.

I've not visited in years, but is there any reason why they couldn't use the old queue line down into the pit on very quiet days? This is now the ambulant RAP I think? But on days where there is very short waits could they have all RAP at the exit and use the old queue that doesn't involve as much walking?

I've not visited in years, but is there any reason why they couldn't use the old queue line down into the pit on very quiet days? This is now the ambulant RAP I think? But on days where there is very short waits could they have all RAP at the exit and use the old queue that doesn't involve as much walking?
Old main queue is fastrack now, and RAP use the old Fastrack entrance.