• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Not to generalise too much, but I would imagine 99% of people are going to queue up once and then move onto the next ride, so the long queue length is probably not much of an issue. For those where it is an issue, they are likely to be using the RAP queue anyway. It is only really enthusiasts that are going to struggle with repeatedly running around a very long and empty queue, and we know that our needs are only considered when we are forking out £150+ for the privelege!

Not to generalise too much, but I would imagine 99% of people are going to queue up once and then move onto the next ride, so the long queue length is probably not much of an issue. For those where it is an issue, they are likely to be using the RAP queue anyway. It is only really enthusiasts that are going to struggle with repeatedly running around a very long and empty queue, and we know that our needs are only considered when we are forking out £150+ for the privelege!
For at least 10% of the people on park, that queue is an issue.
Clear cut.
How do I know exactly...
When the ride broke down on my last visit, I was just getting to the stationary part of the cue when the dreaded announcement was made.
As I'm limping, I was the gentleman and let large numbers pass so I didn't slow their exit.
After a couple of minutes of passing, what was left were the hobblers and limpers...about fifty in total.
...and quite a few of us struggled at the main entrance, that particular bit of path is both too steep and without handrails.

The main queue should be adapted to make access easier for all, either shorten it in some way, like they originally used to, or improve the very steep ride entrance.
The woodie queueline is similar, it is a very long walk on quiet days, but that one is a far easier walk for the limpers.

And once more, large numbers of people go to the Towers with limited mobility and do not use rap.
One size never fits all, apart from big coffins.
My Grans favourite saying!

Last edited:
For at least 10% of the people on park, that queue is an issue
Clear cut.
How do I know exactly...
When the ride broke down on my last visit, I was just getting to the stationary part of the clue when the dreaded announcement was made.
As I'm limping, I was the gentleman and let large numbers pass so I didn't slow their exit.
After a couple of minutes of passing, what was left were the hobblers and limpers...about fifty in total.
...and quite a few of us struggled at the main entrance, that particular bit of path is both too steep and without handrails.

The main queue should be adapted to make access easier for all, either shorten it in some way, like they originally used to, or improve the very steep ride entrance.
The woodie queueline is similar, it is a very long walk on quiet days, but that one is a far easier walk for the limpers.

And once more, large numbers of people go to the Towers with limited mobility and do not use rap.
One size never fits all, apart from big coffins.
My Grans favourite saying!

Understood, as I said was trying not to generalise too much but perhaps missed the mark a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm sure more that 1% of those that ride Nemesis on any given day ride it more than once. I'm also sure the number of people in the general population who have mild mobility issues is more than 1%. Some of those are even enthusiasts.

I see this type of thing as worsening the problem for people, making a tough day out even less manageable by designing inaccessible queues, forcing people to admit defeat and apply for a RAP pass.

At Disney parks, few people with mobility issues qualify for DAS any more because the main queues are fully accessible.

We had our first ride this morning... couldn't believe how much of the que line area has been opened up to show such great views...

We were on train two row 4... very rattly and shaky

We had our first ride this morning... couldn't believe how much of the que line area has been opened up to show such great views...

Its one of those that rides so differently depending on the train,
We did 2 rides last week, first was train 1 row 7, which was glass smooth
then we did row 7 again but on the other train, and it was shaky towards the end.

I also found that my 5'3 friend found it to be head bangy despite the retrack, but was perfectly fine for me (Im 5'11)

It was on one train on Tuesday morning (train 2) and they added the second early afternoon. I assume they are still swapping wheels about etc, it does appear to gradually getting better. I consider every time I go to be my best ride yet for smoothness.

Having ridden Inferno a bit this week I would like this rattle over that. Although that rides very well for its age as well.

I’ve personally found the further back you are the more noticeable the rattle is. Especially going through the final stall turn to the brake run.

It was on one train on Tuesday morning (train 2) and they added the second early afternoon. I assume they are still swapping wheels about etc, it does appear to gradually getting better. I consider every time I go to be my best ride yet for smoothness.

Having ridden Inferno a bit this week I would like this rattle over that. Although that rides very well for its age as well.
Nemesis never rode badly. It was mainly the zero-g-roll and final corkscrew were just a bit head banging if you weren't prepared for them.
There are older B&M inverts than nemesis that haven't been re-tracked, so I do wonder what was the real need to do this for Nemesis. I wonder if it was the foundations being situated within a man made pit had an impact on their structural integrity over the 28 years of operation.
I do remember toward the end of the season in either 2003 or 2004 it was closed for some time because there was a lot of work needed on the footer at the bottom of the downward helix, which has received special treatment with the rebuild.
There were also sections of the track that had been cut and welded together.
Either way, it must have been a maintenance money pit so this is what we got.

Nemesis never rode badly. It was mainly the zero-g-roll and final corkscrew were just a bit head banging if you weren't prepared for them.
There are older B&M inverts than nemesis that haven't been re-tracked, so I do wonder what was the real need to do this for Nemesis. I wonder if it was the foundations being situated within a man made pit had an impact on their structural integrity over the 28 years of operation.
I do remember toward the end of the season in either 2003 or 2004 it was closed for some time because there was a lot of work needed on the footer at the bottom of the downward helix, which has received special treatment with the rebuild.
There were also sections of the track that had been cut and welded together.
Either way, it must have been a maintenance money pit so this is what we got.
I’d guess that it was almost definitely the pit that resulted in Nemesis needing a retrack, or at very least strongly contributed to it.

The ride already had some sort of work done in the 2000s as a direct result of subsidence, and in the original’s latter years, it was often said to be the ride’s supports that were proving problematic. A crane was pretty much permanently sited in the viewing area overlooking the loop in the original’s latter years, and work on the supports inside the pit, particularly on elements such as the loop, was often said to be the reason for the original growing more unreliable in its latter years. Downtime was often associated with work on the supports and the pit, anyhow.

Both B&Ms that have been retracked were said to have unique extenuating factors that aged them more quickly. With Hulk, this was the non B&M-approved launch. With Nemesis, this was the pit. I know Dragon Challenge was also removed without any of these extenuating factors, but I’d wager that the location on a prime Harry Potter development spot and JK Rowling’s known dislike of the rides may have been a bigger factor in the removal of those coasters than the condition of the ride systems.

It speaks volumes that no other B&M has been retracked or removed or even shown any indication of being retracked or removed any time soon. Even other old B&Ms in year-round parks, such as Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa, have shown no indication of being at end of life any time soon.