• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

They would if they are only fixed at points close to the centre, creating frequency vibrations similar to a speaker cone.
Such vibration can be fierce.

I think you would be surprised how such seemingly minor things can have a big impact on vibrations etc.
Have you ever noticed the very small weights they apply to the inside of alloy wheels to balance them?
If you add too many, in the wrong place, or none at all, the impact on the way a car drives is crazy.

I think you would be surprised how such seemingly minor things can have a big impact on vibrations etc.
Have you ever noticed the very small weights they apply to the inside of alloy wheels to balance them?
If you add too many, in the wrong place, or none at all, the impact on the way a car drives is crazy.
I don't think it is, I think at most they are just a result of it, the weight of them I wouldn't imagine is large enough to vibrate the entire train as I have felt, as from what I have seen they are just fiberglass, the reason small weights are on wheels are effective is because wheels spin fast and are large, due to this the centripital force on the small miss aligned weights have a large impact, this is why wheels have to be perfectly balanced both statically and dynamically

Last edited:
I am not sure of the the recent 'sound' but in response to 'where did that roar come from', only the rails are filled with sand, not the box section spine as it would add too much weight, so essentially, most of the track assembly is still hollow.

I’m assuming you guys have noticed that one of the trains has recently developed an extremely loud noise that you can clearly hear when on the ride. Not sure what it is but doubt it’s supposed to sound like that

I’m assuming you guys have noticed that one of the trains has recently developed an extremely loud noise that you can clearly hear when on the ride. Not sure what it is but doubt it’s supposed to sound like that
Yes I realised that on a few of my rides last week. Couldn't believe how loud it was, especially around the loop. Can't say I was a fan of the noise either!!😂

Has anyone watched any of the vlogs from the VIP event? I thought they were super interesting, learnt a bit about the coaster and it also came across how knowledgeable and passionate the staff who work on the ride are.
I've watched a couple! We were also at the event & so impressed with how much enthusiasm & love the staff involved had for Nemesis - many of them had been on super long shifts yet openly welcomed each and every question, none of which they couldn't answer... and believe me when I say some were really, really specific! 😂 There were multiple information 'stations' varying between creative, marketing, operational and technical... loads to take in between the tour and the talk. Very cool to get glimpses into the creative processes for Nemesis - there was an interesting alternative concept for one of the theming features which was changed very last minute... I do think I like the final product best though! I've been so conscious of spoilers for anyone who may be attending the next event that I've avoided sharing my experience so far 😅

I will say though... John B & Bianca are just oozing with passion for the park; there were a couple of pretty vulnerable moments between them (also - John Wardley was excellent & full of anecdotes, highly entertaining as you can imagine!); I actually felt really moved at times which I hadn't expected! It's clear that the two of them care deeply about AT & I think they're the right people to elevate it... very much looking forward to their next projects!

How have peoples rides been on Nemesis: Reborn since opening week?
I have some spare time these next few weeks and have been thinking of taking a trip to see how it compares.

I have some spare time these next few weeks and have been thinking of taking a trip to see how it compares.
Significantly faster, more forceful and slightly less of the infamous rattle.

Whippier through the inversions probably because of the extra speed.

Can’t really say it feels much different. I thought since my first ride it felt intense and fast. As for the rattle it’s only noticeable in the last corner but everywhere else it’s fine. One of the trains is making a loud noise currently (presumably due to the wheels?) but the other train is very quiet

Went yesterday and experienced the "new" Nemesis for the first time.

First thing I need to say is that operations were immense and they weren't hanging about in getting trains dispatched. Even though the park was quiet it was a 5 minute wait the first time (around 11am) and at 3pm in the afternoon it was a straight walk on. It's laughable compared to Galactica, which is setting the standard for the worst/slowest operations in the whole park.

It's difficult to explain but it definitely feels very quick and snappier on the inversions. My feet went all tingly as if you had pins and needles (probably due to the blood moving around your body) on each inversion which is not something I ever experienced on the original ride. Felt fine as it finished.

First run was row 5 on the left hand side and it did feel a little noisy as if something was rattling above my head but overall it was a smoother ride throughout. The sound was noticeable more to the end of the ride especially in the last turn.

Second run was back row in the middle and it was brilliant. I love what they have done and it definitely feels like it's got more of a punch to it. Less of the "rattle" noise above my head this time.

Can’t really say it feels much different. I thought since my first ride it felt intense and fast. As for the rattle it’s only noticeable in the last corner but everywhere else it’s fine. One of the trains is making a loud noise currently (presumably due to the wheels?) but the other train is very quiet
I went on it twice the other day and the first train was very quiet but the second was making a big noise similar to the smiler noise. I have to admit tho both runs felt like it was going at a rapid pace I think it's definitely settled in quickly