• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

10 coasters before you die

^ Agreed. The drop will be stunning but, apart from that, its just a large version of a pretty standard layout. There's two vertical loops, and two dive loops that go to the left, so four of the inversions are the same. And, usually the best part about inverted coasters- ie. helixes- are severely under used. And there's no theming or close-calls at all.

Blaze said:
I'm not interested in Banshee much at all. Just another drawn out B&M. Drop>dive loop>loop>0g... seen it all before. An inline twist and oversized batwing aren't enough to make it particularly more appealing than any other.

Fair enough. There are the (exciting?) new trains with vest-style restraints, and what a first drop, 2 helices, one which looks like it will rival nemesis'... (not seen since, to my limited knowledge?) :)

Benzin said:
Thing is with Banshee, without experiencing the new trains, it is just another (if slightly HUGE) B&M invert, which usually in America aren't amazing in my experience...

With Helix, it's so close to the UK I would guess many already know they'll be riding it, I see this as a sort of list of rides which you want to ride but can't in the near future...

I would argue that because of the park Helix will be/is in, people are less likely to visit the park compared to SFMM to ride X2 for example.

Thanks for your responses though guys, always interesting to hear varying opinions.

smudge said:
Benzin said:
Thing is with Banshee, without experiencing the new trains, it is just another (if slightly HUGE) B&M invert, which usually in America aren't amazing in my experience...

With Helix, it's so close to the UK I would guess many already know they'll be riding it, I see this as a sort of list of rides which you want to ride but can't in the near future...

I would argue that because of the park Helix will be/is in, people are less likely to visit the park compared to SFMM to ride X2 for example.

Thanks for your responses though guys, always interesting to hear varying opinions.

People will be less likely from the UK to spend £200 odd pounds (for flights to Gothenburg, park entry, the park can be done in a day it would seem) than spend the money for flights to California (over £1000 with Virgin), transport to the park (it's not near any major airport, I believe LAX is the closest) and the park entry?

I can't see how people would be less likely to visit Liseberg than SFMM...

There's also the dirt-cheap cost of entering Liseberg too. It works out at about £8.33 to enter Liseberg for the 2014 season! :p

AstroDan said:
Banshee is being massively overhyped by enthusiasts.

Its at Magic Mountain, are you honestly surprised? And, anyway I'm sure they would say the same thing about The Smiler being overhyped over here.

BigAl said:
There's also the dirt-cheap cost of entering Liseberg too. It works out at about £8.33 to enter Liseberg for the 2014 season! :p

That's brilliant value!

Nick said:
AstroDan said:

Its at Magic Mountain, are you honestly surprised? And, anyway I'm sure they would say the same thing about The Smiler being overhyped over here.

BigAl said:

That's brilliant value!

Banshee's at Kings Island. ;)

And Liseberg does offer extremely good value (especially now it has Helix)!

:)

Guess this isn't the topic for it, but how much are ride passes? We'll need to know if we're to experience Helix before we die (there, tied it in with the topic!). :p

BigAl said:
Nick said:
AstroDan said:

BigAl said:

That's brilliant value!

Banshee's at Kings Island. ;)

Same difference. :p

BigAl said:
Guess this isn't the topic for it, but how much are ride passes? We'll need to know if we're to experience Helix before we die (there, tied it in with the topic!). :p

The website really isn't very clear about it :( Sure the last time I looked it was around £40 for admission + unlimited rides. Just to show I'm not making it up though (these were the only pices I could find on the website)...

Admission - 90kr (£8.45)
Liseberg card - 225kr (£21.13) - Free admission all summer season and during Christmas at Liseberg.
Gold Pass - 1495kr - (£140.43) - Free admission and free rides throughout the summer season and during Christmas at Liseberg

Benzin said:
smudge said:
Benzin said:

People will be less likely from the UK to spend £200 odd pounds (for flights to Gothenburg, park entry, the park can be done in a day it would seem) than spend the money for flights to California (over £1000 with Virgin), transport to the park (it's not near any major airport, I believe LAX is the closest) and the park entry?

I can't see how people would be less likely to visit Liseberg than SFMM...

Well yes, I believe more people visit America for theme parks rather than Sweden, I also think the lure or SFMM's other attractions is slightly higher than balder. Tatsu alone would do that for me. Granted, not everyone.

You don't need to use extreme examples of cost either, you can fly to LAX for £500 and drive the rest.

I don't see anything wrong with coasters that are not yet open being included in lists. In terms of Banshee and Helix, we know pretty much exactly what they are like. A real POV of them isn't going to change whether they are in my list or not, they're just two coasters that I would really love to go on. Helix looks immense and I love huge B&M Inverts!

:)