• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

1992 Trip Report

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
I was recently sorting out old boxes, and I came across a trip report that I wrote following a visit to Alton Towers on Wednesday, 4th November 1992. This must have been only my 2nd or 3rd visit to the park in my life.

I was 8 years old at the time, and here is what I wrote:

ALTON TOWERS

On Wednesday November 4th at 10:00 we went on an untidy police coach. We all got ready for Alton Towers. At 11:05 we went into Kiddies Kingdom it was great fun in there! After we went on the Cable Car to Talbot Street station. Then we made the way to the ride I did not go on it was so daring! The Corkscrew Rollercoaster! While some were on the Corkscrew we went on the Wave Swinger. What happens is the swings lift you up and you go round fast sideways too! Then the scary Tri Star took place. I did not go on! Then everyone went on the Octopus. What happens is you get into a baby Octopus carriage and it moves sideways forwards low and high.

At 12:15 lunchtime I had a few things. At 1:00 we finished lunch we all went on Around the World in 80 Days. We all saw the enormous face mask of King Tutankhamun.

After that we went on the Mini Beast I did not think it was that good.

Gloomy Wood! Katanga Canyon! After, a horrible host awaits you! It's the Haunted House in Gloomy Wood! Then Katanga Canyon. The Runaway Mine Train is definitely my favourite!

Tea Cups, Hospitality Tent! The last ride... The Tea Cups, Whizzz! Then to the Hospitality Tent. We went to see Mr. Frog he likes you to drop by. He lives in the Pagoda Fountain.

We all saw The Count, Owl, Beasts, Theo and even Henry Hound! Then the launch of the colouring book was going on. 2000 colouring books! Then the Grand Parade! Owl was on the Haunted House, Captain Henry on the Runaway Mine Train. Then I bought a snake at the shop £1.00 and 1 free bag of Nic-Nac crisps. Home! End of Alton Towers.

I also did a border around the edge of each page, and it featured the following (these are rides we went to, my writing didn't include everything):

- Enterprise
- Kiddies Kingdom
- Mini Apple
- Astroglide
- Corkscrew
- Tri Star
- Black Hole
- Train Ride
- Haunted House
- Runaway Mine Train
- Octopus
- Spider
- Waveswinger
- Tea Cups
- Grand Canyon Rapids Ride (although not sure on this, presumably I was confused, as it was Congo by 1992)
- Log Flume
- Henry's Parade

I also wrote 'Where Wonders Never Cease' at the bottom.

The 'Mini Beast' I referred to is also presumably a simple error of ride names.

Hope you enjoyed reading this!

:D

Soooo... many.... exclamation marks.... ;)

Entertaining indeed matey, thanks for typing it up. I'm sure I wrote similar things about Thorpe and Chessie when I was that age.

I am more delighted with the fact that even back in 1992, the Mack coaster was my favourite.

:p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

josht said:
Wow wasn't even born during this visit :)

I was less than 3 months old at this time! :p

Oh gosh, Astro, I don't hate to admit it but the entire time I read the 8 year-old self report, I cracked up with laughter because it's in the exact same basic style I would've written my reports!

My favourite bit is "Then we made the way to the ride I did not go on it was so daring!"

DiogoJ42 said:
Entertaining indeed matey, thanks for typing it up. I'm sure I wrote similar things about Thorpe and Chessie when I was that age.

Yes Diogo, but writing about your trip to the gravel pits wouldn't be anywhere near as fun as a theme park report ;)

A very entertaining read though Dan! Still rather strange that I wouldn't have been born when this was written though :p

I like how the hospitality tent deserved an exclamation mark!

A nice read though, reminds me of things I used to write when teachers would ask 'write about what you did this summer' and so on...

Even weirder that I was only a year old back then!

I feel old when people comment on being under 1 year old or not born in 1992.

right I am off to get into my high waisted trousers, suck on a mint imperial and complain about modern music being just a racket. :D