• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2008 wooden coaster plans

JB1985

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Oblivion
Afternoon!

I recall something about there being plans in 2006 for a wooden coaster to be built on coaster corner similar in size to megafobia but cant see the plans anywhere. This was to open in 2008 and i guess got cancelled with the Merlin takeover. It wasnt the valley coater as i can find the plans for those. Has anyone seen these / got these?

Try googleing :) There's a lot of information on the *other website related to AT*
It was planned for 2005 I think, and would be built behind the Dark Forrest all the way too Forbidden Valley.

Maya your thinking of the Cross-Valley wooden coaster.
JB1985 I think your thinking of the Wooden coaster that was going to Thorpe Park in 2008 but got cancelled for Saw instead....Yes how sad.

Hmm maybe i am? Was reading something from the old news acrhives on TTF and it defo said behind coaster corner, hence the question?

maybe they were wrong

They need a well built wooden coaster along with another B&M coaster

Yep there was a plan, Alton Towers stated back in 2006(might have been to one of the coaster clubs) that they were looking at adding a medium sized wooden coaster in coaster corner area along with a shoots the shoots water ride as well. Nothing more was really heard of these plans after that, no planning application was ever submitted. At some point the 2008 plans switched to a coaster in the black hole tent before Merlin took over and canceled that plan.

Would like to see plans of what they had planned for the black hole tent, but doubt we will ever see them.