• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013 Season Information Revealed

James

TS Founding Member
From TowersStreet News:

[url=http://www.towersstreet.com/news/view/?article=1351015775:11j4ey39]TowersStreet News[/url] said:
Kingshouse Travel - the coach company in charge of operating AltonTowersTrips.com, a popular Scottish coach service, have revealed via this post on their Facebook page the dates of events during the resort's 2013 season, and the gate prices.

On the day ticket prices for the start of 2013 will be £46 for adults (a £1 increase from the current price), and £36.80 for children (a less substantial increase of 80p), continuing the trend for gate prices rising by season, although it is assumed that numerous online offers and discounts will continue to be available.

As announced officially earlier today, the February Half Term event will make a return for 2013, running from 16-24th February. Park entrance on-the-day will be £20 adults and £16 children. In a break from the Half Term events we've seen over the past few years, next year's event will be in association with the Moshi Monsters, bringing a new element to the event. Guests will be invited to take part on a Moshi Quest and win Moshi Medals, on top of the usual February attractions from the park:

Nemesis
Air
The Blade
Duel
Runaway Mine Train
Sharkbait Reef by Sea Life
Maurauders' Mayhem
Heave Ho
Sonic Spinball
Squirrel Nutty Ride
Doodle Doo Derby
Old MacDonald's Tractor Ride
Berry Bish Bash
Furry Friends
Dung Heap
Hex
Ice Age: The 4D Experience
Frog Hopper
Driving School
Wobble World

Scarefest will return, running from the 19-31st October, making the event the same length as this season, minus the preview weekend (though this may well be announced in future), and Fireworks will also return, running from the 1-3rd November.

So yet again we have another slight price rise. Although we know for sure that both Scarefest and Fireworks will be back, both running at the same lengths they have this year.

Price rises are just things we'll have to accept, unfortunately, despite the fact that they keep on going up and up. Good to see that Scarefest and Fireworks are returning, even if Fireworks is a week earlier than my 21st birthday. :p

I was expecting slightly more than £46, but I guess there'll be two further rises as there was this year which mean we'll be at £48 this time next year and £49 for the start of 2014.

At least they are investing in new attractions every year to justify the price rises. It'll still be £23 on 2-4-1 for most people anyway which is excellent value.

I hope it says at £46 for my visit with daughter as we do two for one. I will pay £46 for a dad and daughter day out (plus fuel and parking)

I wasn't sure where to put this so i'll just say it here, after asking yesterday,hot drinks re-fill Quenchers will be returning throughout the 2013 season

Do you know if there's a cup for MAP holders to use throughout the whole year or will it just be cups for one day use only?

BigAl said:
Do you know if there's a cup for MAP holders to use throughout the whole year or will it just be cups for one day use only?

Im not sure to be honest, I just asked if there was any hot drinks re-fill cups available, and they said they would be starting next year. I wouldn't have thought so though.

I belive towers wanted them for fireworks, but it was too short notice to get them produced, and would cost them a small fortune. But with enough time now till next season they will be able to buy them in a massive bulk order.