• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: Europa-Park General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm all for them switching to a brand of chocolate that doesn't contain hazelnut! :)

I'd say this is a replacement for Milka - at least in terms of the larger outlets. The easel on the right I'm fairly sure is the layout of the shop in Ireland, whilst the one on the left I *think* is the one in Switzerland (note the sticky out bit on the right):

GIxWm6diT-aeRl-xwrlqLA.png

1489607064.jpg

DEJw_12UMAEyrV2.jpg

Suits me fine, the Milka bars were hideously expensive considering most are available pretty much everywhere. Lindt isn't exactly cheap, but its FAR nicer than Milka :D. It'll be interesting to see if the other shops go too now.

Lindt would bring a fine-foods edge to the chocolate offering!

Hopefully they will do liquid Lindt!

I'd say this is a replacement for Milka - at least in terms of the larger outlets. The easel on the right I'm fairly sure is the layout of the shop in Ireland, whilst the one on the left I *think* is the one in Switzerland (note the sticky out bit on the right):

GIxWm6diT-aeRl-xwrlqLA.png

1489607064.jpg

DEJw_12UMAEyrV2.jpg

Suits me fine, the Milka bars were hideously expensive considering most are available pretty much everywhere. Lindt isn't exactly cheap, but its FAR nicer than Milka :D. It'll be interesting to see if the other shops go too now.
Shawn Sanbrooke won’t be too happy when he next visits! He loves Milka!

Nope, last year was 5.5 million!

Also, here is the wonderful 2017 season video EP posted last week:

#INTHEWORLD

:)

Oh right. I thought the TEA report said 5,600,000 for 2016, but I must have imagined that.

Oh right. I thought the TEA report said 5,600,000 for 2016, but I must have imagined that.

Hmm just had a little look and there is conflicting information around. I think 2016 may have been announced as more than 5.5 million which then got officially reported as 5.6 million, and for 2017 they have said more than 5.6 million which may get officially reported as 5.7 million!

Either way they're claiming a new record!

I'm sure @AstroDan will probably confirm this, but I think it's the way the Winter figures are reported, hence the variation when the official reports comes out?

Hmm just had a little look and there is conflicting information around. I think 2016 may have been announced as more than 5.5 million which then got officially reported as 5.6 million, and for 2017 they have said more than 5.6 million which may get officially reported as 5.7 million!

Either way they're claiming a new record!

So I'll expect to see 5,700,000 for EP in the 2017 TEA report, then. That would mean that EP has consistently increased for the last 7 years, with the last time they didn't being 2010, where they stayed the same. I can't actually think of a year since the TEA reports began in 2006 when EP decreased in attendance. Can any of you guys think of a year where EP attendance has gone down, because I certainly can't. I can't think of any other park that has consistently increased like EP does.

Considering the sheer amount of investment they've seen since my first visit ten years ago, it's no surprise I guess. Every year there's always something new, and pretty much always something fairly major too. I am glad to see a relatively steady increase though, rather than astronomical numbers then a sharp drop off/stagnation. It gives the place time to build the resort AND the park side of things at a sensible rate.

I'm sure @AstroDan will probably confirm this, but I think it's the way the Winter figures are reported, hence the variation when the official reports comes out?

Indeed. They still have a few days of the season to go - so there will be an extra 50,000 or so.

No idea where to throw this but I'm sure this thread will suffice.

I've been doing some floorwork and always acquire pencils as you could never have to many. Anyway my cousin give me her old pencil case that contained this...

https://ibb.co/iWSKyb
iWSKyb

Ed is that you?

I don't think it is related to EP but funny how similar it looks.

Now back to the floor :(

To be honest I have no idea, the only things I could find similar had the stars in a circle.

I'm going to agree with you as I like to think that Ed Euromaus helped lay my floor. How many enthusiast can say that :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.