• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I hope they are going to give them a wood affect paint job.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Well they could need known light output fittings. Also there are changes to the IEEE regs, these change some of the fit for purpose requirements

They haven't used our brand either like they usually do. All I will say is we're top end of the market, expensive but built to last (and usually do for years)

It seems they have gone for the cheaper option. Hmmmmm

They haven't used our brand either like they usually do. All I will say is we're top end of the market, expensive but built to last (and usually do for years)

It seems they have gone for the cheaper option. Hmmmmm
the funny thing is they cheap out on the lights but last scarefest they had a few lights on all day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This is not just Merlin, it's Alton Towers pure and simple. They just don't do lighting, and certainly not themed lighting.

You go to any theme park abroad and most are spectacular at night time when lit up with all their themed lighting and effects.

Its the same like Merlin's shops and resturarants. All bland. All modern. No themeing, just clad in cheap printed vinyl for decoration.

Do you guys think that The Welcoming could be open briefly at the start of the season, similar to how The Sanctuary was in 2013 due to its link with SW8?

Do you guys think that The Welcoming could be open briefly at the start of the season, similar to how The Sanctuary was in 2013 due to its link with SW8?

I'd say this is extremely unlikely. The Welcoming is situated in the Courtyard and assuming Alton Towers get planning permission they are opening the Smokehouse there next season.

:)

Whilst I'm excited for this coaster in many ways, I can say the lighting design does seem a little disappointing. They look too generic and simplistic and should've used stylings comparable to the ride's theme.

Rides/areas like Symbolica and Klugheim have the perfect designs of styled outdoor lighting.

I think the best attempt Merlin/Towers have ever done with lighting was in Katanga Canyon. When they put up the string lights you find on a building site. Look how that turned out o_O! Half the bulbs were nicked.

It's amazing how much themed lighting brings to an area, even during the day. LED's on or off ;)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.