• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Nemesis and I have been in an open relationship for some years now, just don't tell the wife.
And a little bit back on topic, are we expecting opening for the start of the season? I need to order Vaseline.

I'm still at a loss as to why this ride is being made out to be more than your standard family coaster. Everyone loves a pirate theme it's in a pirate area why not just go with that? It seems very odd

I am sure some (not saying you) would call a Pirate theme boring and predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Too early for Fireworks so must be for SW8 ?
WRskC1B_d.jpg

I have it on good word that he's actually just driving round his mate's company van to stir geeks on the internet. He parks it at Towers and proceeds to sit in the back and watch various copies of Nicholas Cage films throughout the day.

I was at Towers yesterday and oh my, that theming structure is massive. I have no idea how they've got away with building such a thing, it currently dominates sight lines across the park from various locations. Admittedly this impact will be less once all of the covers have been taken down but even so.

Unfortunately I left my camera in the car (doh) but got a few photos on my phone that I'll try and upload at some point.

Also, there is more rockwork being done in the form of a tall wall near the statio building, covering up previously exposed concrete. They are actually doing things properly!

:)

Its a rollercoaster, and by the looks of it a good themed coaster. All this whining about it being "controversial for families" due to the lore surrounding the ride is utter chicken crap. Kids and adults will still go on it and they will enjoy* the EXPERIENCE of the ride (*unless rough) which is intended.
Going off topic but look at the legendary metal band Iron Maiden, they have an album/song named Number of the Beast, still regarded by many as their best album. What I am getting at is parents let their children listen to that song/album because they enjoy it.
Same with other bands, Ghost in particular, heavily into the satanic stuff but its just music, same with the ride, its just a ride at a theme park.
Ultimately, if people don't like the content/experience then don't listen/ride. Instead just stay at home and close the curtains.

Number of the Beast...The Ride, sounds good to me.
And most of the Iron Maiden fans that purchased that album are probably parents by now..Come on kids, let's ride my favourite album.
Still, Merlin couldn't claim a worlds first though...Hard Rock Park comes to mind.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.