• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Anyone know what this building could be for? (taken from TS Facebook)

22007583_1615501681853603_4905790508794087910_n.jpg

22007400_1615501761853595_7869723094299070995_n.jpg

Considering the 2010 season was one of the most successful seasons Towers has ever had, bringing in more guests than ever before, Merlin would consider that a success (despite the backlash from Th13teen), so they would want to replicate that with a similar aggressive marketing campaign.

It's all about the numbers in business, and let's not forget that, unfortunately, Merlin are a business :p
Oh god. I can see the campaign now: Come and ride The Wicker Man at Alton Towers Resort! A world class experience with the most fire to hit the British Isles since the Great Fire of London! Also featuring the world's first angle changing lift hill that will change the angle you view life through! Furthermore, a secret is yet to be revealed. Follow #WhatsUnderTheTarpaulin to find out what it is! The Wicker Man, opening 2018 at Alton Towers Resort! Oh, and by the way, you must be between 13 and 93 and be wearing full fireproof body armour to ride due to the globally unique g-forces and fire that are sure to scare even the most hardened thrill junkies!

Still love that logo. Apparently the video on the screens around the construction fence has changed and it's alternating between that logo and the SW8 branding that was on those signs beforehand.

Edit: A photo of what the screens are now showing has been posted in the MAP Facebook group.

ji05c1.jpg

Last edited:
As I put in the comments, it sounds like the theme tune to the BBC's Springwatch programme!
Haha, you're not wrong! I like the vibe it gives off though. It's quite fast and upbeat but it still has a subtle sinister undertone if you take the rumoured theme to be true. I can't wait to check out the welcoming for myself in a couple of weeks to hear it in person.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.