• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Nothing says 'fun for all the family' like an out of control locomotive.
Ha ha! I think some folk on here are quite selective with what they consider "dark" or not. I wouldn't consider the Smiler "dark" for example, I find it quite humorous actually and not to be taken seriously.

Mutiny Bay is lauded as a good family area (it is) because of preconceptions people have as result of the way pirates are portrayed in fiction. Yet pirates sailed the world plundering, raping, pillaging, murdering and trading slaves.

There's no evidence to suggest that they can't produce a family friendly (loose) depiction of the Wickerman tale. That doesn't mean they will of course....

Gutted! I thought they were actually going to reveal something this episode! Looks like we're gonna have to wait till January again.

Apparently we’re getting the full video tomorrow according the comments. Take that information as you will.
Ooh! Was this just a teaser for Episode 2 then?

EDIT: I reckon the runes at the end before the first dot might be "The Welcoming", as there is the same amount of runes as letters in The Welcoming. Also, judging by the pattern in which the Smiler was revealed, I don't think tomorrow's episode will be a full name and theme reveal. I'm more thinking we will be told about the ride itself and things such as:
  • Manufacturer (Which we already know)
  • Height restriction
  • Statistics such as height, drop height, speed, length, throughput, train configuration etc.

Last edited:
Credit to Yappo on TTSP:

We interrupt this to bring you good news. You are invited to a celebration of our earth and its beauty. All this noise, all this technology. It's too much isn't it. There's no time or space to think is there. Deep down you know the truth don't you. The technology has now taken the reigns.* How did you get here? Maybe it doesn't matter. What matters is this chance, your opportunity to reconnect with the earth. Come join us near the woods and partake in our celebration. How far you choose to go, that is your own choice. What part you choose to play only you can decide. Be chosen on the night where the living meets the dead. thewelcoming.co.uk

*they used reigns but it should in fact be reins, classic Towers grammatical mistake :p

Credit to Yappo on TTSP:

We interrupt this to bring you good news. You are invited to a celebration of our earth and its beauty. All this noise, all this technology. It's too much isn't it. There's no time or space to think is there. Deep down you know the truth don't you. The technology has now taken the reigns.* How did you get here? Maybe it doesn't matter. What matters is this chance, your opportunity to reconnect with the earth. Come join us near the woods and partake in our celebration. How far you choose to go, that is your own choice. What part you choose to play only you can decide. Be chosen on the night where the living meets the dead. thewelcoming.co.uk

*they used reigns but it should in fact be reins, classic Towers grammatical mistake :p
I like how they don’t seem to be going super edgy in terms of marketing and theming so far. It seems to have an underlying dark tone with a deceiving my welcoming (hehe) appearance.

Disney seem to think so ;)

I can't remember seeing any attractions themed around human sacrifice rituals at any of their parks, but hey; I'm sure Merlin know what they are doing....

Disney do have a coaster themed to the worship of a mythical creature though. And another about people going missing in a hotel.

And I get the impression SW8 is more about animal worship/sacrifice than human sacrifice.

Runes (they're all there in the previous video to get this):

We interrupt this to bring you good news.

You are invited to a celebration, a celebration of our earth and it's beauty.

All this noise, all this technology, it's too much isn't it? There's no time or space to think, is there?

Deep down, you know the truth, don't you?

The technology has now taken the reigns.

How did you get here?

Maybe it doesn't matter. What matters is this chance. Your opportunity to reconnect with the earth.

Come join us near the woods and partake in our celebration. How far you choose to go, that is your choice.

What part you choose to play, only you can decide.

Be chosen on the night where the living meets the dead.

thewelcoming.co.uk

For future messages written in the runes I made a quick translator

OIMha5v.png

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qm7205fhc6shb5/SW8_Translator.exe?dl=0

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.