• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I bet you get loads...That must be why your bringing it up.
Don't worry, we believe you! :rolleyes:

Now that's cleared up, they released part 2 yay!

I look forward to round 2.

Wow. Is it just me or am I really overthinking this video? Is every SW development this exciting, but also annoying at the same time?

Wow. Is it just me or am I really overthinking this video? Is every SW development this exciting, but also annoying at the same time?

No, its just a new style of marketing due to the "YouTube generation". Back in 1997 for Oblivion the internet was quite new and the few people interested in following construction were waiting for grainy photos to load on old websites. Meanwhile in the park they had "security" patrolling the area around what is now X Sector to hype up the new ride.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, those of us with a sex life........
..were logging into an internet forum to read about rollercoaster construction at 4:30 in the morning. Suppose you gotta get your kicks somewhere! ;)

Paradoxically I think that the video stuff will end up being an anticlimax as we all know that this is a GCI wooden coaster themed to some sort of pagan earth huggers, we known the length, height and can pretty much see the themeing element through the Brown rags. We also know that fire will be involved in some way. What more is there to find out?

I'm looking forward to opening day next year so that I can find out what this thing is like to ride!

Paradoxically I think that the video stuff will end up being an anticlimax as we all know that this is a GCI wooden coaster themed to some sort of pagan earth huggers, we known the length, height and can pretty much see the themeing element through the Brown rags. We also know that fire will be involved in some way. What more is there to find out?
We know all that but the vast majority of the general public don't and let's face it, these videos and teasers are mostly aimed at them.

We know all that but the vast majority of the general public don't and let's face it, these videos and teasers are mostly aimed at them.

I actually think they are aimed at the fanboys (and girls) , I dont think the GP will give two hoots about the videos as they dont understand what they are about. If AT wanted to do a video for the GP it would be a generic video of a wooden coaster and "coming soon" so the GP know its going to be a new rollercoaster.

PS. Were there enough abbreviations in there?

We also know the name, track layout and the fact that's it's far better to be having sex at 4:30am than watching these "teaser" videos. So I kind of think these videos are aimed at generating GP excitement with geeky stuff for us lot, who already know about the ride, chucked in to stop us getting bored.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.