• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
On an aerial view, the ride doesn't actually look too short, in my opinion. When do you guys think that testing will begin, out of interest? I am also very optimistic after seeing Bradley Wynne say about it being their most compelling themed experience in a while.

Random morning thought. Currently pretty much each coaster has its own distinct colour (especially the SWs)
Nemesis- red
Oblivion- orange
Air/Galatica- blue
Rita - red? (I’m less sure on this one)
Thirteen- green
The Smiler- yellow

SW8 looks like the main colour is fire ie orange/red.

Does anyone think they have deliberately kept each coaster with a distinct colour or is it accidental? Will SW8 stand out from the theme colours of Nemesis and Oblivion?

I'd say coincidence . I know it's not an SW but Spinball is blue like Galactica.

Cool thought though that we could street out to use ROYGBIV.

Red - Rita
Orange - Oblivion
Yellow -Smiler
Green - Thirteen
Blue - Spinball
Indigo - Galactica
Violet - Nemesis.

Could rename the big six as the Rainbow challenge, complete with rainbow coloured merchandise.

I'll take my cheque in the post Merlin.

Looks as thought the ITV *Actual construction footage* has gone down very well with the GP. People at work discussing it today saying it looks awesome. Just comparing the facebook reactions, the last Elliot Crawford vid got 261 'likes' and 106 comments in total. The ITV central vid was posted 2hrs ago by AT and has had 150k views, 1400likes and 1700 comments already - the vast majority of them positive about the ride even despite the Smiler stuff. There are a few 'wood is old fashioned and will break' type comments but the general consensus seems to be positive.

Its good to see them promoting the actual ride and showing some footage of it being built, I'd resigned myself to endless pointless runic videos and Z list celebrities endorsing it.

Lets hope the public reaction continues to be positive and it lights the way to an RMC for SW9!

There are a few 'wood is old fashioned and will break' type comments but the general consensus seems to be positive.

Suppose that was always going to happen regardless, that being all said with the feedback being quite positive and if the ride proves to be a hit and get's rid of the 'old fashion' feeling of them, could we perhaps see more woodies return to this country in future?

I've got a quick question but i'm pretty sure someone else might've asked it - Are all of the concrete footers and walls of the ride going to remain as they are? I thought since the wall near the station had rockwork applied to it we could maybe see the same on the footers and other walls around the site ; but I'm not really sure whether covering footers with rockwork complies with maintenance and all that.

Looks as thought the ITV *Actual construction footage* has gone down very well with the GP. People at work discussing it today saying it looks awesome. Just comparing the facebook reactions, the last Elliot Crawford vid got 261 'likes' and 106 comments in total. The ITV central vid was posted 2hrs ago by AT and has had 150k views, 1400likes and 1700 comments already - the vast majority of them positive about the ride even despite the Smiler stuff. There are a few 'wood is old fashioned and will break' type comments but the general consensus seems to be positive.

Its good to see them promoting the actual ride and showing some footage of it being built, I'd resigned myself to endless pointless runic videos and Z list celebrities endorsing it.

Lets hope the public reaction continues to be positive and it lights the way to an RMC for SW9!

This all day long. What they really need to do for SW9 is reveal the coaster, show a POV of it made in something like no limits and market it properly. None of this let's keep it a secret and market with Youtube "celebrities" who no one has heard about malarkey.

Saturday night after the fireworks, as I was walking past SW8 and the staff said that they had just open the service gates and if we quickly go down there, we would be officially the first guest to walk underneath it. They said that they themselfs had not even been underneath it and the next day when I saw the same staff, they confirmed what they said was true, and the path was closed again shortly after I left, so that I was lucky and even they still had not had a chance to go down the path. Enjoy the photos, sorry that they are dark, but it was night time

iLkDH7G.jpg

KR2U3Kh.jpg

EdXFanm.jpg

aYJDunt.jpg

Ktkc2Go.jpg

I feel this will ride well. It looks great.

The only disappointment will be the sense of a misssed opportunity. It’s not what the enthusiasts hoped for but will be a good solid ride

I don't think this looks like a missed opportunity as such. I more think of it as another great-looking family ride to pad out Alton's mid-range family lineup. Also, the FV woodie might not have been what we thought it was going to be. It could have been a GCI, just like this ride. On a side note, do you guys think that the height restriction will be 1.2m or do you think they'll do what some other parks, such as Efteling and Kings Island, have done with their GCIs and put a 1.1m height restriction on it?

Is it just me? But when the SW8 and BPPB Icon plans were first revealed, I was more excited about Icon over SW8. Seeing this going up in person, I'm now a lot more excited for SW8 over Icon :)

I was always more excited about SW8 for the fact that it was a wooden coaster, but I was almost as excited about Icon. Now I've pretty much forgotten about Icon and am positively drooling over SW8, so the gap in excitement has widened considerably!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.