• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
4S8cy76.jpg

In his shadow, you will see the light.

I hope there's more theming to this ride than just the big Wicker Man, which I'm sure will be magnificent.

Liking these little videos. The style kind of reminds me of Hex mixed with Th13teen.

That picture is of the structure revealed - you can tell by the hole in the middle!
Surely whatever is on its shoulders aren't big enough on the theming structure for that to be a photo of it? Unless more have been added since the park has closed.

Those spikes were there, on its shoulders, for a while now. You could even see them popping out of the tarpaulin.

:)
Oh I know there are spikes on it. They're just nowhere near as big, in comparison to the rest of the structure, as the ones in that image.

Or that it should be a gender-neutral, non-racist wicker-non-binary man/woman? :p
hahahahahahaha, I'd actually be careful posting that, the permanently offended brigade would probably find a way to take what you've said seriously. I'd quite enjoy identifying as a wooden roller coaster though, to be fair ;)

Oh no. they have arrived :D
Sarcasm aside, I just hope they stay well clear of the Theme park industry. Films and TV shows are already infected by it. Honestly, I'd bet that somewhere, they'll be some uptight university lecturer who sees something like 'Wickerman' and brings up all that 'everything is a social construct' rubbish, and starts a petition over it.
Anyway, back on topic, hopefully it won't be tooooo long now until the coaster enters its last phase of construction. I think the ramping up of adverts and the like are a sign they are becoming more confident in preparing for it to run relatively soon

The Beornen have marked the woods of Alton Towers as their own.

Onlookers sense the excitement rippling through the trees as the winter air buzzes with nervous energy.

In a clearing, a mountainous hand built structure is taking shape.

Looming over the woods, its incandescent glow ominous yet mesmerising.

Only the chosen few may enter. Be chosen.

———

Anyone familar with Beornen or is it something theyve made up?

Also I anticipate the structure is likely to be lit up internally as if its on fire. If I remember rightly there was also pipework laid down underneath it so its possible there will be mist effects to look like smoke..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.