• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
No, no, no! I wasn't referring to the crash! I was referring to the ride's delayed opening! Sorry if you didn't get that @Sauron97!
EDIT:Sorry for double posting!
No worries! My bad :p, well I'm glad anyway, whilst I've never been in one yet, millennium flyer trains look both smart and comfortable

Millennium flyers are sound but it's a shame the two seats are individual rather than like the traditional bench seats of wooden coasters of old. It's not just GCI and with bench seating they probably couldn't do some of the things they do on the more intense coasters, but it's still a pity coasters like this do it too.

Millennium flyers are sound but it's a shame the two seats are individual rather than like the traditional bench seats of wooden coasters of old. It's not just GCI and with bench seating they probably couldn't do some of the things they do on the more intense coasters, but it's still a pity coasters like this do it too.
I think the reason for the indivisualseats is to allow for indivisual lap bars, which can close tighter than shared ones.
(i'm quite thin so there is usually always a gap between me and the shared lap bar when riding with someone else)

Last edited:
DR-2ShuX4AAyDAP

From attraction images

That wicker centre piece looks like a ram to me.

Perhaps the Wickeman could have been a red herring?

Based on all we've seen so far it looks like the theming structure is half man, half ram. The whole 'fusing' teaser seems to suggest it's about merging man and creature to create... whatever they're trying to create. This would make sense with the theming structure having different faces either side.

Attraction Images in Twitter has put a new pic up.

Interesting is the row of gas (or air?) cylinders bottom right. They look pretty permanent with heavy fencing and piping around them. Anyone think that could be connected to special effects?

Although thinking about it, didn't they use air powered tools when constructing SW8? In which case they could have been just for that.

I think that the statue looks really good from photos, let alone in real life! I was also shocked at the sheer size of the statue when I saw it in person in July!
Agreed, it's massive. The coaster as a whole looks much better and more exciting in person. I was pretty impressed when I saw it in October, the wooden aesthetic blends in really well to Alton's landscape.

I'm not expecting it to blow me away but I'm quite looking forward to this.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.