• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Ahh, right - I apologise in which case!

Yeah - this was due to the delays during the commissioning of The Smiler which meant only 4 vehicles had been signed off for opening day!
That's OK! Delays during commissioning does not surprise me, as they were probably quite pushed for time at that point and just wanted to get the thing open!

Also, I think 1200pph will be good for this ride, as that's the same as Thirteen, I believe, which is a nice quick-moving queue. Although I thought Wodan's throughput was 1330pph due to it lacking seatbelts. I'm going to presume this will probably have seatbelts, as EP seem a bit throughput-crazy judging by other past installations.

So the followers of the wickerman are called Beormen.
This fit with Galactinauts for Galactica, advocates for Smiler.
So does this show AT has started giving a name ride fans can use to describe themselves?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

So is this a showing AT has started giving a name ride fans can use to describe themselves?

The whole be chosen stuff would fit in well with that.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

So does this show AT has started giving a name ride fans can use to describe themselves?

Correction, It seems Towers have groups of characters such as The Ministry of Joy, Air Space Technologies and Phalanx.

The guests are the ones refered as 'Galaticnauts' or 'Advocates'. I think SW8 will refer the guests as 'The Chosen Ones' or sometthing similar.

I reckon this will have a better story that will stick around for longer than The Smiler and Thirteen's stories. This ride is thus far looking to focus much more on the finer details than any other coaster (note the word coaster) at Alton Towers has done before, so it wouldn't surprise me if this attraction has an in-depth and engaging storyline.

I reckon this will have a better story that will stick around for longer than The Smiler and Thirteen's stories. This ride is thus far looking to focus much more on the finer details than any other coaster (note the word coaster) at Alton Towers has done before, so it wouldn't surprise me if this attraction has an in-depth and engaging storyline.

I think you're just saying things now, just for the sake of saying things.

I think part of the 'experience' will be part of the pre-show(s?) Much like Hex and how it uses it to tell the story and inform guests what is going on, If Hex never had any pre-shows and just was a madhouse, The dramatic reveal of the walls moving would have left people confused about what's going on and not have the love it has today.

Let's be honest. There's not a lot to get excited about with this latest venture. We've all seen the plans, we've all seen it actually being built, we've now seen the theming object. The wonder and excitement is pretty much over. People can now pretty much watch a similar coaster on Youtube and get a decent idea of what the experience will be. Too much exposure, too easily these days. No more true Secret Weapons ever again. It was all over years ago. Happy 2018 :)

Let's be honest. There's not a lot to get excited about with this latest venture. We've all seen the plans, we've all seen it actually being built, we've now seen the theming object. The wonder and excitement is pretty much over. People can now pretty much watch a similar coaster on Youtube and get a decent idea of what the experience will be. Too much exposure, too easily these days. No more true Secret Weapons ever again. It was all over years ago. Happy 2018 :)
And that, my friends, is why Alton Towers should announce in the summer, like every other theme park on the planet.

I'm not sure I agree. Blackpool have released the name, a POV, and an approximate opening date, and the excitement is still there. I just don't think this has caught the same attention, maybe people are just getting wise to the "advertise high, deliver low" pattern of the last few years?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.