• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Enchanted Lodge price for 1 night 17/03 with 2 days theme park entry. Bare in mind this includes the usual Map discount. Crazy.
f61dad7ea69b051eb1a4c32036f904f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thorpe Park still do coaster climbs and you can bet if Alton were stopped by H&S from doing them then Merlin would stop the other parks as well.

Was probably stopped as it’s an added risk p

That’s normal for the Tree Houses, Lodges are sold out
Ahhh, that wasn't clear!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Words first something to do with fire on a wooden coaster or something like that. I'm genuinely speechless, I didn't think they would scrape the barrel quite so rigorously.

I hope Six Flags and Europa Park have consulted their lawyers about such an outrageous claim.

Words first something to do with fire on a wooden coaster or something like that. I'm genuinely speechless, I didn't think they would scrape the barrel quite so rigorously.

I hope Six Flags and Europa Park have consulted their lawyers about such an outrageous claim.

And the “World Class” term refers to the team who made it happpen, not the ride itself.

A worldclass team of experts continue to work on the new attraction, led by Great Coasters International, the world’s leading creators of wooden rollercoasters.

At least "world class" was a subjective claim that can't be proved either way. I'm sure if someone tried to sue them for this claim, they could at least have it withdrawn.

I wouldn't look to much into the "infuse" terminology, it technically means 'combine', so other wooden coasters with fire effects are in fact also infusing wood and fire to create an experience.

Not even going to pick apart the Photoshop job for that main graphic because, for once, the idea is one I actually like.

Actually both of them are pretty decent, if you serve them with a generous helping of creative license. I especially like the symbols as embers on them, particularly on the website version.

Last edited:
Does anyone really care about the world's first? I'm just looking forward to the ride - should be good fun. A bit of fire won't change that.

Cross-site photoshopped more like.
You're joking?! Next you'll be telling me that Robert Downey Jr. isn't actually flying around in the Iron Man suit in all those movies.

I do like the fact they've photoshopped someone taking a photo of the photoshopped London Eye. The sort of meta nonsense I approve of.

Last edited:
Joris and Wodan both existing GCI's with fire effects, so surely AT can't be that stupid, righto_O?

I'm expecting (hoping) more than just a simple flame thrower on the shoulders. Maybe something inside the Wickerman as you pass through. If not just sacrifice Varney in it to the rollercoaster gods, so that SW9 becomes a genuine world's first.

If it's simply adding fire effects, then marketing it along side other SWs with some genuine world firsts may not have been a great idea. d'oh:banghead:

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.