• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Hope it's not too bad come April.

DBGT doesn't have any queue lines let alone fast track, the thing spends more time shut than it does open and Mother Nature has reclaimed them. /s

Towers don't normally offer fastrack straight away on their new coasters do they not? Pretty sure this was the case for Thirteen and Smiler anyway. I dread to think how long the "disabled" queue will be on opening day mind.

:)
Hopefully RAP queues will not be like spinball got last year.
b5d8a4e2f8f1de08c52bcfa7336bb090.jpg

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Hopefully RAP queues will not be like spinball got last year.
b5d8a4e2f8f1de08c52bcfa7336bb090.jpg

Hopefully they will be!
The RAPs are massively abused and the alternative to RAP queues like this is the main queue suffering. Queues like this for RAPs are the only way to make AT see that they need to clamp down on the distribution of RAPs.

Towers don't normally offer fastrack straight away on their new coasters do they not? Pretty sure this was the case for Thirteen and Smiler anyway. I dread to think how long the "disabled" queue will be on opening day mind.

They don’t but given VIP MAP get unlimited fastrack and that includes Cbeebies land which doesn’t even offer fastrack then it’s a given they’ll get access to it.

Hopefully they will be!
The RAPs are massively abused and the alternative to RAP queues like this is the main queue suffering. Queues like this for RAPs are the only way to make AT see that they need to clamp down on the distribution of RAPs.
I completely agree, if I didn't have fast track I wouldn't have got on spinball when it was like that.

They don’t but given VIP MAP get unlimited fastrack and that includes Cbeebies land which doesn’t even offer fastrack then it’s a given they’ll get access to it.

Well yes, "VIPs" likely will but hopefully there will be some sort of policy to prevent abuse of unlimted fastrack.

Or, they could open it and say that Wicker Man has no fastrack, and therefore not even "VIPs" can skip the queue.

Well yes, "VIPs" likely will but hopefully there will be some sort of policy to prevent abuse of unlimted fastrack.

There won't be, the terms state that VIP passholders are entitled to unlimited fast track, if certain vip passholders got restrictions placed I can imagine them kicking off (I wouldn't assuming it was temporary)

You're suggesting VIP passholders will exercise self restraint? Don't be daft lol.

(Present company excluded, not all VIPs are self obsessed).

Dave, this is the Daily Sieg Heil we're talking about here. You almost seem surprised that they've come up with this... ;)

The VIP T&Cs state as follows:

"9.2 Unlimited ride fastrack entry at Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, THORPE PARK Resort and Chessington. This benefit applies to the V.I.P. Passholder only. Each V.I.P. Passholder will be provided with a wristband upon entry to the relevant Attraction and this must be presented along with a valid V.I.P. Pass at each fastrack entrance. For the avoidance of doubt, a V.I.P. Pass does not entitle the V.I.P. Passholder to join the front of the fastrack queue, nor does it allow instant access to front row riding."

Hopefully Alton Towers will see sense and have no fastrack option at all for Wicker Man on day one at least. It does not need to be a "relevant attraction". There are bound to be a good number of VIPs on park and who's to say they would not just go round and round in their exclusive queue? Opening day, one queue for all please.

"9.2 Unlimited ride fastrack entry at Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, THORPE PARK Resort and Chessington. This benefit applies to the V.I.P. Passholder only. Each V.I.P. Passholder will be provided with a wristband upon entry to the relevant Attraction and this must be presented along with a valid V.I.P. Pass at each fastrack entrance. For the avoidance of doubt, a V.I.P. Pass does not entitle the V.I.P. Passholder to join the front of the fastrack queue, nor does it allow instant access to front row riding."

Hopefully Alton Towers will see sense and have no fastrack option at all for Wicker Man on day one at least. It does not need to be a "relevant attraction". There are bound to be a good number of VIPs on park and who's to say they would not just go round and round in their exclusive queue? Opening day, one queue for all please.

Exactly as @ihaveaspergers said, VIP fastrack can’t be limited due to the terms so as you say only way round it is no fastrack at all.

Didn’t Towers let VIP holders have first ride on Galatica as well?

"9.2 Unlimited ride fastrack entry at Alton Towers Resort, LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, THORPE PARK Resort and Chessington. This benefit applies to the V.I.P. Passholder only. Each V.I.P. Passholder will be provided with a wristband upon entry to the relevant Attraction and this must be presented along with a valid V.I.P. Pass at each fastrack entrance. For the avoidance of doubt, a V.I.P. Pass does not entitle the V.I.P. Passholder to join the front of the fastrack queue, nor does it allow instant access to front row riding."

It could be argued that if it has an entrance labeled fast track it's a relevent attraction.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.