• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Cbeebies land anyone? VIP gets ft there

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Do they ever advertise it as being included? Besides a drop in the ocean for Towers giving the VIP holders something a little extra by allowing Cbeebies Land. Not exactly popular for those above the age of 5 so unlikely to be particularly impactful. However allowing fastrack on a multi-million-pound coaster, slightly different story.

Do they ever advertise it as being included? Besides a drop in the ocean for Towers giving the VIP holders something a little extra by allowing Cbeebies Land. Not exactly popular for those above the age of 5 so unlikely to be particularly impactful. However allowing fastrack on a multi-million-pound coaster, slightly different story.
It's in the little booklet we get sent out.

Not a VIP pass holder, never have been, most probably never will be. However, if they got some benefit come opening day of Wicker Man, I genuinely wouldn't be too bothered. They've paid through the nose for it, so good luck to them for getting a few perks. It should be managed though, just so that it isn't completely abused. On another note, I've also noticed that a lot more people seem to be disabled these days at theme parks. Strange, isn't it?

Just don't have a fastrack sign up on day one, simple!

:)
If it's a rollercoaster it's reasonable for us to assume it's included. Plus we are told go to the exit for a ride without a ft entrance

Not a VIP pass holder, never have been, most probably never will be. However, if they got some benefit come opening day of Wicker Man, I genuinely wouldn't be too bothered. They've paid through the nose for it, so good luck to them for getting a few perks. It should be managed though, just so that it isn't completely abused. On another note, I've also noticed that a lot more people seem to be disabled these days at theme parks. Strange, isn't it?
I'm in both groups (VIP and RAP user) and I believe rap is heavily abused on certain rides.

I think my plan will be to go round all the other rides twice during the day, then get in the new coaster queue five minutes before closing, gets you a couple of hours extra on the park, and we all know how much quicker the line shifts after the queueline gates have closed.

If it's a rollercoaster it's reasonable for us to assume it's included. Plus we are told go to the exit for a ride without a ft entrance

Entry via the exit on opening day would be fair enough. Then VIPs can choose between the full experience including pre-show by queueing as normal, or fastrack entry but you only experience the ride.

Entry via the exit on opening day would be fair enough. Then VIPs can choose between the full experience including pre-show by queueing as normal, or fastrack entry but you only experience the ride.

That honestly seems fair, after all the preshow isnt something that you would want to watch each and every ride anyway.

How about if a park says that they are not allowing fastrack initially then take that as gospel?
Have you ever met a VIP? Most are like me, park enthusiasts who just love the rides and aren't rude about it.
Its pricey so it's reasonable for us to want to make full use out of it and not have arbitrary restrictions in place.

I got there early for the opening of The Smiler and filmed the first riders going around. I then had an enjoyable ride myself then spent a good while in the queue doing some video. Not going to link the video as that wasn't the purpose of this post. You'll find it if you want a look. Not sure exactly what I'm going to do this time but I wouldn't mind getting the first ride on camera again. 50 other people will probably want to do it now though so I'll probably leave them to it and have an earlier ride myself. Not sure yet, but not important.

So... the visual looks really good in my opinion, and I am rather fond of the tribal version of ITHOTMK, but I think Alton have outdone "the world's first roller coaster fully dedicated to virtual reality" with the world's first. It's more like the world's first world's first that isn't actually a world's first. The credibility of Merlin's firsts has definitely gone down since the days of Nemesis, Oblivion, Air and even newer rides like Thirteen and Smiler.

The only way I can think of that the world's first might actually be credible is if they have riders travelling through a ring of fire type thing, but that would almost definitely burn down the whole ride.

Also, I'm surprised that the ride is only 2,028ft long. It looks much longer from photos and videos, and I'm sure it will feel longer on ride.

Meanwhile, at Europa-Park.....

Anyway, that discussion is for another thread!

It's a thing at every German park due to law... It's kinda weird really given that Germany is pretty much how it is these days, but no German parks offer a 'true' disabled pass in the same vein that the likes of Merlin, Efteling, Disney actually do... It might be different for those in wheelchairs though rather than any non-visible disabilities...

It's a thing at every German park due to law... It's kinda weird really given that Germany is pretty much how it is these days, but no German parks offer a 'true' disabled pass in the same vein that the likes of Merlin, Efteling, Disney actually do... It might be different for those in wheelchairs though rather than any non-visible disabilities...
From what Ive been told it's not. They do not in general offer assistance to disabled guests in general (I can't imagine them being fun for aspies)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.