• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Assuming the same size trains, the theoretical capacity of Wicker Man should be identical to that of Wodan, the difference is Towers will actually allow disabled guests to ride (who can't get in and out of the trains so quickly) and probably won't ever have 4 platform staff so loading will be slower generally.

Thorpe have demonstrated for many years that it's easy to sell lots of fastrack by simply running on low capacity at "off peak" times to generate 45+ minute queues on weekdays. I just don't believe this particular conspiracy theory.

I

Someone filed a complaint to the Advertising Standards Agency regarding Alton Towers claim of "the world's first roller coaster infusing fire and wood", the ASA replied back stating that Alton Towers/Merlin have breached some of the advertising rules and they have taken the appropriate action and recommended them [Towers/Merlin] what changes need to be made.

Something along those lines anyway.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Why? How they market this doesn’t really bother me. If anything the more people they get in the better - more chance of a decent future budget for operations

Fastracks than the current allowance.

I don't think there is an allowance any more. A long time ago there was.

Exception being the scare mazes at Scarefest because they're not free anyway and time-slotted is the only way to get all paying guests through the attraction(s).

I can’t fault the guy for complaining about Alton’s claims of a false worlds first. The world isn’t as small as it once was.

These claims were called out... not just by people who have travelled to these places... but by people who can so easily access povs on YouTube.

Towers think they can get away with these claims because they have done in the past. Maybe this may teach them that they don’t always need a worlds first to market a ride.

It worked amazingly for Oblivion because it was a true worlds first. (Don’t start with the 87 degree angle) you know what I mean :)

Maybe this will make them realise they can market a good ride for being a good ride.

Maybe that’s the problem... they know they have marketed average rides as amazing rides. So if they don’t market it as amazing and one of a kind people will think it’s gonna be rubbish.

I don't think there is an allowance any more. A long time ago there was.

Exception being the scare mazes at Scarefest because they're not free anyway and time-slotted is the only way to get all paying guests through the attraction(s).

They had a quota last season, they also don’t do any aggressive sales tactics.

But maybe Merlin transmit some sort of mind control field across the park, if you go near Staffordshire I would don the tinfoil hat......

A few times over the summer certain rides had sold out their fast track so there must be a limit?

I suppose they would have to exercise some kind of control over it, or else it would be out of control.

But maybe Merlin transmit some sort of mind control field across the park, if you go near Staffordshire I would don the tinfoil hat......

They could sell them in Towers Trading for the price of 7 Fastrack tickets.

Pretty sure there are some images floating around somewhere. Haven't seen them myself though.

Picture taken from Towerstreet FB

I wonder how long this will last before they stop the gas flow to save money :rolleyes:

n9ylsPI.jpg

It's all about total cost of ownership over x number of years. Same philosophy as their actor driven experiences, but hopefully more successful.

I wonder if the amount of tanks are more for logistics than amount used.
We all know the site is not the best for access. Sending tankers every few day to site with the amount of guest arriving by car will cause more traffic issues. One tanker arriving every fortnight out of hours will save this issue.

Also there is the buy in bulk discounts and saving in delivery fees. To be taken into account

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

27 minutes?

AS IF the effects would be that big and intense.

This is probably a 5 year supply for half a dozen effects the size of a cigarette lighter. After that, no more fire ever, and we’ll be crying for “the good old days” of TLC to fix it.

That’s a lot of propane ! Half of one of this tanks holds enough gas to run a standard house central heating boiler for a year :eek: it’s going to cost them a fortune to run the effects

They can’t even replace the cheap fog fluid in most of the foggers around the park. No way they’ll be able to afford gas refills.

...Sorry guys, I’m doing that negative thing again. Have your tissues ready.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.