• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
You know what that’s so true - very little ground works happened on this.... and it shows
Very little groundwork? Maybe compared Alton's track record of nemesis, oblivion and smiler, no. But far more ground work happened than most coasters that are installed worldwide, they moved a lake!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Very little groundwork? Maybe compared Alton's track record of nemesis, oblivion and smiler, no. But far more ground work happened than most coasters that are installed worldwide, they moved a lake!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Filled a lake technically but compare to their other rides very little happened

Some images have surfaced on Intstagram regarding ground views of the ride!

27574878_309171019605077_2447557396470431744_n.jpg

Entrance looks great, as does the overall aesthetic. I think it’s safe to say that our fears for cheap theming have been extinguished from what we’ve seen so far. I have to say that I’m very excited for the pre show(s) and overall atmosphere with this ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have to say those pictures have got me excited. It looks like a completely different park. They really have gone to town with the theming on this. I just hope it is family-thrill rather than just family.

It just find the theme bizarre for a family ride. Surely something like his should be kept for a thrill ride?

It just find the theme bizarre for a family ride. Surely something like his should be kept for a thrill ride?

This is just my theory based on a few lines in the press release, those that suggest that the Wicker Man ritual is 'exhilarating' or words to that effect, but I suspect the overall tone and pre-show might be less horror-based than you might initially anticipate. They're challenging you, not neccesarily threatening to roast you alive.

Someone copy these, before Merlin happens!
Never fear, I have them saved onto my laptop hard drive!

Overall, it looks great from those photos! Well done Merlin, give yourselves a pat on the back, cause this looks like a brilliant project so far! The testing video looked a bit slow in places, but so did Smiler's, and look how that turned out! It'll probably be faster when it's running, anyway! Give yourselves a round of applause, MMM, and apply the same level of effort into Project 2020 at Thorpe!

Overall, it looks great from those photos! Well done Merlin, give yourselves a pat on the back, cause this looks like a brilliant project so far! The testing video looked a bit slow in places, but so did Smiler's, and look how that turned out! It'll probably be faster when it's running, anyway! Give yourselves a round of applause, MMM, and apply the same level of effort into Project 2020 at Thorpe!

Agreed that it looks good so far, and I know from your posts who keen you are for this to be a winner, but take it easy. The proof is in the pudding, and the pudding is but six weeks away.

Agreed that it looks good so far, and I know from your posts who keen you are for this to be a winner, but take it easy. The proof is in the pudding, and the pudding is but six weeks away.

We all deep down want it to be a winner - I must say it looks very impressive but I don’t think it will pack the punch we want which is the issue

We all deep down want it to be a winner - I must say it looks very impressive but I don’t think it will pack the punch we want which is the issue
How many people on this forum fall into the target market for Wicker Man?
It was never going to be a hard hitting ride.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

How many people on this forum fall into the target market for Wicker Man?
It was never going to be a hard hitting ride.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Never said it was - I said is as enthusiasts hoped it would be....

The cycle seems to be family thrill thrill family thrill - I fully expected this to be family thrill it’s just isn’t what I and many others wanted deep down. It doesn’t make it a bad ride

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.