• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If you make a bold claim such as “X person was the reason Y ride was built” you’ve got to have some compelling evidence to back that up. We’ve all been asking for a wooden coaster for years. My Dad is on record asking John Wardley about it back when Th13teen opened, does that mean he is the reason we are now getting one?

I know how Merlin works. I can’t see any enthusiast influencing such a major decision unless they were in the boardroom pitching the idea. As someone else said they didn’t even listen to John Wardley until someone found a way to spin the marketing.

Enthusiasts can do great things, I know that I have. But the claim being made is a bold one, If it can be backed up then good on him. In the meantime forgive me for being sceptical.

some people have far to much time on there hands .. Andy Hine MBE is a legend and done so much for the industry in this country so leave him alone and let him and his rccgb members enjoy there experiences together.now lets get back to discussing the wicker man ..

Reactions: pj
For the last time, this thread is regarding Wicker Man, not Andy Hine or any other individual.

Future off topic posts will simply be deleted from now onwards. I also do not feel the need for an RCCGB thread becuase by looking at the evidence here it will end up being a discussion about Andy Hine, which is not something we need on the forum.

Thank you.

:)

Back on the subject of Wicker Man (the coaster, not the film), The website has a Wicker Man tab in the bar at the top. Did they do this for Thirteen, Smiler etc?

The male YouTube "star" had some controversy about 1 month ago - so perhaps that is why it never fully materialised.

Joe Weller's friend, Elliot Crawford (the person form the videos) got into the YouTube spotlight for bad press.

Sorry for this being VERY off topic. No surprise he was dropped by Towers.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.