• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As I pointed out previously, the T&Cs regarding fastrack and VIPs make it clear that unlimted fastrack is only available on rides that have a fastrack option. Clearly this will not be the case with Wicker Man and I doubt Towers are going to want a queue at the ride's exit on opening day.

:)

As I pointed out previously, the T&Cs regarding fastrack and VIPs make it clear that unlimted fastrack is only available on rides that have a fastrack option. Clearly this will not be the case with Wicker Man and I doubt Towers are going to want a queue at the ride's exit on opening day.

Again the VIP team haven't said we are getting fastrack but they have made out like they are planning something.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

So how do VIP holders get fastrack in CBeebies land? None of those rides offer fastrack yet VIP get fastrack entry?

So how do VIP holders get fastrack in CBeebies land? None of those rides offer fastrack yet VIP get fastrack entry?
My point exactly. Whilst people might not like we will end up getting fastrack day1.

My point exactly. Whilst people might not like we will end up getting fastrack day1.

Don't make assumptions.
You may get something, but it might not be full fast track, it might just be a one-off single use voucher (like ScareFest) or additional ERT. At present all that is known is there is no general FastTrack and they are looking into something for VIP passholders, no-one can assume what that is.
For the exisiting rides the brochure here http://mapuk-old.azurewebsites.net/pdfs/tips-and-tricks-2017.pdf clearly sets out which rides will allow entry via the exit, until Wickerman is added to that then there can be no certainty of the offering.

Reactions: Rob

I have no idea, I am not a VIP pass holder so am only going by what the T&Cs state. If they follow the written T&Cs that were agreed at the point of purchase then there can be no complaints if fastrack on Wicker Man is not available from day one.

I have no idea, I am not a VIP pass holder so am only going by what the T&Cs state. If they follow the written T&Cs that were agreed at the point of purchase then there can be no complaints if fastrack on Wicker Man is not available from day one.

They don't follow the terms. Hence scarefest mazes and people having refund issues

VIP holders go by this booklet of what they get fastrack on, as you can see Merlin don’t stick to the T&C’s you’ve pointed out.

http://mapuk-old.azurewebsites.net/pdfs/tips-and-tricks-2017.pdf
(2017 version, 2018 hasn’t been released yet)

This is the problem with the VIP pass. Many off the passholders have this belief that they are "very important people" when in reality they are not, they've just chosen to spend a lot of money on a silver pass. This does not mean they can or should get whatever they want in Merlin's theme parks.

Just because you think you will or should get fastrack on Wicker Man come opening day does not mean you will. Alton Towers can simply say that no fastrack is available, like they do for the Skyride, and that is that.

Also I cannot remember but is fastrack usually available during ERT? I'm not sure that it is, so that would sort that one out for when Wicker Man first opens also.

This is the problem with the VIP pass. Many off the passholders have this belief that they are "very important people" when in reality they are not, they've just chosen to spend a lot of money on a silver pass. This does not mean they can or should get whatever they want in Merlin's theme parks.

Just because you think you will or should get fastrack on Wicker Man come opening day does not mean you will. Alton Towers can simply say that no fastrack is available, like they do for the Skyride, and that is that.

Also I cannot remember but is fastrack usually available during ERT? I'm not sure that it is, so that would sort that one out for when Wicker Man first opens also.

No idea if on the day fastrack is but VIP is.

From what I gather speaking to other VIPs on Facebook, there isn't much excitement for Wicker man so even with ft it's no major difference in queues.

What I expect to have an impact is Alton Towers Resort traditionally bad handling of RAP queues.(there are a few VIPs like myself also RAP users)

If you think RAP is badly handled at Towers try Thorpe or Chessington, they are positively chaos by comparison.

If you think RAP is badly handled at Towers try Thorpe or Chessington, they are positively chaos by comparison.

In general, they do it well but it only takes a few new ride hosts who have yet to get used to handling RAP for there to be issues with queues for all. Such as TH13TEEN once accidentally boarding me before they should have, or Galactica hosts having to double check how to mark the rap card.

and I'm dreading Thorpe parks queues when I visit next month (it will be the 2nd Merlin Entertainments attraction I have been to)

I agree. It should be renamed to the 'Platinum Pass' to avoid such problems.

V.I.P brings with it connotations of being superior. Which they are not.

They really should not bow down to the VIP pass holders, they have never operated fast track for the first few months of an SW and they shouldn’t start for folk who spend stupid amounts on beggar all.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.