• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I have to say, I'm mildly disappointed at the big patch of trees on the left side of the picture (by the sound tunnel)

I doubt the trees will get big enough to ad anything meaningful to the ride and i would have much preferred some actual theming there...but, oh well...at least its not pulled a Rita on us, well done towers!

Good job there wasn't an internet forum for the coliseum and surrounding buildings. It would have posts like

RomanRoger said:
come on construction team it's been a whole day and you are nowhere near finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: the effects on WM.

As has previously been posted, the Entertainments team are looking after all aspects of the special effects for the ride. I can only assume this is because the Technical Services team are diabolical at looking after effects on any rides they look after.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Not sure this has been seen but the daytime photo shows some small themed flags.

I’m loving the smaller touches of theming that the ride seems to have such as the flags and themed ORP, really adds to the overall feel. I’m hoping that the same attention to detail will be found in the queue and station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m finding the social media comments quite encouraging at the moment. Mostly positive based on the new pictures and very little comment about the Smiler incident.

Might be the first season in a while that almost feels back to normal...

I reckon Wicker Man could get visitor numbers back to a "normal" level in 2018, therefore meaning that Merlin can reopen the closed rides and reverse some of the operational cuts!

I think there would have to be a cataclysmic attendance for any chance of Sub-Terra opening anytime soon.
Like the level of attendance that Thirteen brought in 2010 and Nemesis brought in 1994? Because if the park's marketing is good enough, then this could very well happen again.

I doubt we will see attendance that TH13TEEN brought.

To note, The Smiler's attendance *would* have been the highest to date. It was slightly under 3M, however we often forget that it didn't even open until practically June. Not bad going for a ride that operated for 4 and a bit months in its first season.

One can only hope that WM has some increase.

To note, The Smiler's attendance *would* have been the highest to date. It was slightly under 3M, however we often forget that it didn't even open until practically June.

Not bad going. One can only hope that WM has some increase.
I thought Smiler only brought 2,500,000 in 2013? Or at least that's what the TEA report said, anyway.

I'm sure that Wicker Man will see some sort of increase. There always seems to be a special stigma of sorts around new coasters at Alton when they open, so that should help Wicker Man be successful.

I think there would have to be a cataclysmic attendance for any chance of Sub-Terra opening anytime soon.
A cataclysmic attendance situation would mean the closure of everything, surely?

I don't think we'll see the reopening of Sub Terra, but I think a solid attendance figure will provide a feeling of normalcy in terms of operations and investment and dare I say it, perhaps a less sombre/subdued 40th anniversary in 2020.

To note, The Smiler's attendance *would* have been the highest to date. It was slightly under 3M, however we often forget that it didn't even open until practically June. Not bad going for a ride that operated for 4 and a bit months in its first season.

Not bad going. One can only hope that WM has some increase.

Varney has his fingers crossed because he's got his eye on another Yacht.

I don't think we'll see the reopening of Sub Terra, but I think a solid attendance figure will provide a feeling of normalcy in terms of operations and investment and dare I say it, perhaps a less sombre/subdued 40th anniversary in 2020.
Yes @Rick! That's the spirit! Anything is possible if you have faith! Merlin could be leading us into a second golden age for all we know, bringing attractions of an unparalleled quality, better than the rest of the world!

A cataclysmic attendance situation would mean the closure of everything, surely?

Yes, you're right. Perhaps I used the wrong word. Let's use humongous instead.

:p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.