• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Mystic Timbers... so they were responsible for "The Shed"?

Doesn't fill me with confidence.

Apparently they have a much larger budget for Wicker Man's pre-show :)

Also, there's only so much you can do in an operational and fully functioning maintenance shed as opposed to a dedicated pre-show area.

Remember: always expect the worst. At best you'll be pleasantly surprised. At worst, you get to say "I told you so".
;)
You remind me of my Dad, who always says to me "a pessimist is never disappointed".

Out of interest, does anyone know of any other work that Holovis has done other than Mystic Timbers' Shed?

If the pre show is great and we have some scenes perhaps before the lift hill and after the break run (in the maintanance shed) we truly could be in for a world class coaster, and I’m not talking just a merlin gimmick

It'd certaliy be nice if each train did have a unique face on the front. It would give each train a bit of character I think. :)
But will inspire page after page of discussion about how one train runs so much better.

As I have mentioned previously, Merlin have done the sensible thing and outsourced the pre-show to Holovis (a well established theatrical design company). They also did pre-show work on Mystic Timbers (a fellow GCI installation).
Did you enjoy the Mystic Timbers 'pre-show', I wouldn't say it has a pre-show in the traditional sense of the phrase? And the shed... well... o_O I suspect this will be a more traditional pre-show and far more showy.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.