• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I noticed Kip Hakes mentioning on Twitter that it was put back, so it was seemingly a media day of sorts. Given the fact we've seen it running with and without riders, I'd assume it's been put back because they were worried some of the invited people couldn't make it due to the weather we're expecting to get.
Does this mean it might not open on the 17th March? The only way I can think of that this wouldn't open is if the park is shut due to weather.

Great move with the Crisps!! Now everyone make sure you keep a packet ready for Ebay in 20 years time!

The coaster and the marketing all looks great! Shame about the lack of drop. I'm really tempted to make the trip up to ride but I can't possibly justify the 3.5 hour drive with the current opening hours. If I do come it will have to be a late night opening I guess. Shame.

Anyway that’s way off topic.
I think it's remarkable how it's happened with Wickerman more than any other big Merlin project I know, it shows a difference. Set expectations low, and then surprise.

Rather than the formula used until now, hype it way up from long before construction starts and make all sorts of claims, then the actual product is flash in the pan. No embellishments and the minimum quality to tick that box.

I see this as a really positive turn!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.