• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Because construction hasn't started or because it may be pants?

It will be OK, it's a new custom coaster at Towers. Think Th13teen - Th13teen is OK, it's a pretty sound coaster. I cant imagine this being anything more though unfortunately.

Because construction hasn't started or because it may be pants?

It will be OK, it's a new custom coaster at Towers. Think Th13teen - Th13teen is OK, it's a pretty sound coaster. I cant imagine this being anything more though unfortunately.

Exactly this - everything about this feels like Th13teen made out of wood. Should be fun and hopefully themed to a high standard, but nothing too Earth shattering.

Another theory for them not starting yet is that hefty fine they received the other week.

The fine should be absorbed by Merlin (Merlin Attractions Ltd have been prosecuted and not Alton Towers), I can't imagine it will have any impact on SW8.

:)

Because they always have been, even before the crash. Realistically, they could have had all five closed rides open this year. They are just one of those big companies (and they're certainly not the only one) who have a somewhat aggressive stance on making as much money as possible, yet at the same time minimising costs to the point where they don't have enough staff to run all their attractions.

The fine wasn't the main financial impact of the crash. The fall in visitors would have been the reason for the cuts.

I know this... but I was saying it's another theory. Like the theory of the conversion of sterling to dollar.

It's another expense they weren't expecting to have before the accident.

As far as I am aware Merlin haven't even signed off the ride yet or the budgets for it which will be why nothing has happened yet.

All we know is the Flume could have been opened all season, and the same applies for Loggers Leap at Thorpe.

All we know is the Flume could have been opened all season, and the same applies for Loggers Leap at Thorpe.

Yes but that would have cost money :D

I like how th13teen and the smiler have baggage hold point, single rider queue to main queue ;)

Anyways back on track! ;););)

The flume site looks pretty tragic and a bit scary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.