• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Here's the link to the ITV News story.

The video contains a seriously cool soundtrack that I've not heard anywhere else before.

With IMAscore confirming it's involvement with Wicker Man, could this potentially be part of the official soundtrack?
The video claims that there will be two trains. Aren't there supposed to be three?

On a random note, can I ask a question to anyone who has inside info:
Does the pre-show contain live actors? I read somewhere that it does, but WickerManiac's description of the pre-show did not imply that there would be live actors.
Anyway, glad to see the opening sort of confirmed as 17th March! I'm excited for when I head to Towers on the 18th March!

Strangely it seems like the ITV Central Facebook and Twitter posts have been deleted.

The article itself seems to be still online. I'm not sure if the content has been changed, but the video is the same.

Strangely it seems like the ITV Central Facebook and Twitter posts have been deleted.

The article itself seems to be still online. I'm not sure if the content has been changed, but the video is the same.
Probably scheduled posts after all yesterday was meant to be press day but was cancelled due to the weather.

The article and video on their website have also been edited to say Spring now rather than March 17th. I'd imagine they received a swift phone call from Towers after revealing the opening date when they shouldn't have!

:)

The article and video on their website have also been edited to say Spring now rather than March 17th. I'd imagine they received a swift phone call from Towers after revealing the opening date when they shouldn't have!

:)
It's a liability thing isn't it? They really don't want to risk a repeat of the smilers opening. Even if it's seemingly unlikely it will be delayed.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

People book hotels and kick off when things don't open is pretty much why they don't announce dates anymore. The abuse they get on their official page and asking for refunds from nearby unrelated hotels is so funny. You book at your own risk as they say and you should always pay that little bit extra for cancellation option.

People book hotels and kick off when things don't open is pretty much why they don't announce dates anymore. The abuse they get on their official page and asking for refunds from nearby unrelated hotels is so funny. You book at your own risk as they say and you should always pay that little bit extra for cancellation option.

But the date of the 17th has got to of come from Alton Towers, ITV wouldn’t just pluck a date out of thin air and publish it.

But the date of the 17th has got to of come from Alton Towers, ITV wouldn’t just pluck a date out of thin air and publish it.

Or the researcher at itv clearly just checked when the parks re-opens and put two and two together

As a general rule of thumb you can assume a new ride will be open on the first day of the season.

When rides open at an alternative date it is conventional to announce several months in advance e.g. Rita, Charlie, The Smiler, CBeebies Land- which all opened at later date communicated in advance..like December.

The lack of an official opening date is clearly just risk aversion, the attraction as a whole and the ride in particular have not been rushed in any way - a far cry from virtually every other major AT attraction in recent years.

There was a lot of criticsm of previous projects for not learning from the near-miss of Th13teen's opening (queue finished overnight, etc.), so it's positive that they've finally addressed the problem, though given how successfully they appear to have done so it's a shame they're not confident enough to shout about the opening date.

As above Th13teen gets a lot of stick for being finished the morning it opened but at least it did open. People seem to forget that The Smiler was officially announced to open with the park but it was so far behind schedule they revoked that statement at the very start of the year. That’s the real reason they no longer announce the official opening date.

Talking about Th13teen I seem to remember it was on schedule but an issue several weeks before park opening set the whole project back. Thankfully Wicker Man does not have a prototype track section to suddenly foul up.

Jeeez, Ian, can you please point out in my post where I said the old were stupid????

What I said was that the press outlets which have been slating towers, which, are mostly read by the older age groups (research it if you wish), have attracted the most negative comments about Towers and the new ride. Now many of these people will be the ones who do believe everything the read in the paper. Does that make them stupid? No. Just influenced by what they have read.

Younger people in general tend to resort to online news, social media and so forth. Obviously, you cant put everyone in to the same grouping, there are those who do not fit in to this grouping, infact, its so obvious, does it really warrant replies saying I am being ageist or calling people stupid, when I think its blindingly obvious the point I was trying to make. And for the record, i'm no spring chicken either!

Anyway, dont want to get into a debate about this, its clear I wasnt setting out to be "ageist" as people put it, just saying where I believed the majority of the negative comments to have been coming from compared to the more positive ones. Thats what I thought we were talking abou.

That would be the part where you said most of the comments were coming from over 50's who believed everything they read in the papers, which in itself implies you consider everybody over 50 gullible, or stupid.

But I think you rather took my response a bit too seriously as I wasn't getting all antsy over ageism but rather just wishing to point out that stupidity or gullibility isn't something mutually exclusive to us old farts.

Talking about Th13teen I seem to remember it was on schedule but an issue several weeks before park opening set the whole project back. Thankfully Wicker Man does not have a prototype track section to suddenly foul up.

From memory they had to re-lay a lot of the queue paths as the winter was bad and the concrete was freezing as they poured it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.