• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
So glad I'm visiting on Monday n Tuesday rather than the Saturday and Sunday. With it being term time hopefully the queue won't be longer than an hr at any point (I hope)

So glad I'm visiting on Monday n Tuesday rather than the Saturday and Sunday. With it being term time hopefully the queue won't be longer than an hr at any point (I hope)

I'm going Sunday and Monday so hopefully it's not too bad.

Is Wicker Man not part of the Big 6/7 Challenge, then?
Wicker Man will be part of the Big 7, though I wouldn't expect them to run that as a challenge this year so they can focus on just the opening of Wicker Man. It'd be good to see the challenge return as the Big 7 next year though! :)

Also, I just noticed that Spinball Whizzer is under Thrill on Ride Times. If Spinball Whizzer is in Thrill and Wicker Man isn't, then something is seriously messed up at Alton! Even though it might not be, Wicker Man looks better than Spinball Whizzer from the footage we've seen!
EDIT: On a side note, Alton Towers' website classes Wicker Man as a "Thrill Ride" alongside the other six thrill coasters, Sub-Terra, The Blade and Enterprise. Interesting.

Before someone inevitably asks, the current ridetimescouk system doesn't let them have a ride in both.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I'm going Sunday and Monday so hopefully it's not too bad.

Sunday will be rammed I would imagine. Monday less so and Tuesday even quieter still. That was my thinking in booking day 3 and 4 of the season. I'd rather wait another day and get more rides in on WM.

Opening weekend as a whole should be fine. The Saturday will be a bit busier than normal with people turning up for Wicker Man but the Sunday should be relatively quiet. I remember getting plenty of rides in on Thirteen over its opening weekend!

:)

Wickerman will be the same ride no matter which section it's classed in, we will only know what it's like when we ride it! Looking forward :)

Family doesnt necessarily mean not as good, but it obviously won't be a super intense ride.

Opening weekend as a whole should be fine. The Saturday will be a bit busier than normal with people turning up for Wicker Man but the Sunday should be relatively quiet. I remember getting plenty of rides in on Thirteen over its opening weekend!

That's a relief! I'm going on the Sunday! We're leaving the Forest of Dean at around 6am in order to get to Alton for ERT so we can ride Wicker Man during ERT, but it would be nice to get another ride or two during the day!

Sorry for double posting, but Wicker Man is apparently included in both the Gold and Platinum Fastrack packages this year!

Middle of the week after opening is the best it’s still really quiet

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.