• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I wouldn't look into it too much, there'll be loads of different things going on both before and after public opening.

Tomorrow should be interesting though as there's likely to be a lot of coverage around (including from us) with the first press event.

True... Wondering where my invite is though? Perhaps got lots in the post ;)

22nd of March is probably some sort of press event, It's a bit weird to open a ride on a thursday.

Also ITV let slip the opening date was 17th and I doubt their sources came from enthusiasts...

Please let Wicker Man at least soft open or 'technical rehearsal' on 17th March even if the actual opening is later.

It's probably a press event. If they are opening it on the 22nd, though... come on Merlin! Get off your backsides and open it for the 17th! It's 100% ready! Someone even said that it's been signed off to open on the 17th!

The only potential stumbling block for not opening on the 17th is whether they've completed their 500 test runs or whatever they said.

It's probably a press event. If they are opening it on the 22nd, though... come on Merlin! Get off your backsides and open it for the 17th! It's 100% ready! Someone even said that it's been signed off to open on the 17th!

The only potential stumbling block for not opening on the 17th is whether they've completed their 500 test runs or whatever they said.
They are also selling fastracks for the 17th stating they include wickerman. So it would cause hell for the box office staff if it wasn't.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

It has not been signed off yet, well... it certainly wasn't this morning ;)
Whether it is now is a different question.

Is tomorrow’s event not the press day? Or are they having several.

Weren’t the “chosen ones” supposed to be the first to ride?

Either way Merlin have only ever advertised it as Spring 2018.

Awaits "We do not have an official opening date yet, INSERT NAME HERE"
Well, they've just messaged me back (very quickly, may I add!) and they said:
"Hi Matt, no this has not been confirmed. We are aiming for 17th March, however until the date has been released we cannot confirm this."
So they are aiming for the 17th March! The 22nd must be an additional press event, then!

On a different note, will TowersStreet be attending the press event tomorrow?

Yes we'll be there tomorrow, so we'll have lots of updates heading your way on the website and Facebook/Twitter :)

Is tomorrow’s event not the press day? Or are they having several.

Weren’t the “chosen ones” supposed to be the first to ride?

Either way Merlin have only ever advertised it as Spring 2018.

Tomorrow's event is a "Meet the Maker" event, which will involve interviews/talks with people involved in the creation of the ride. The official launch as such is penned in for Friday 16th March. Incidentally, if anyone would like me to fire off any questions to Alton Towers at the event tomorrow, please fire them my way via PM.

Well, they've just messaged me back (very quickly, may I add!) and they said:
"Hi Matt, no this has not been confirmed. We are aiming for 17th March, however until the date has been released we cannot confirm this."
So they are aiming for the 17th March! The 22nd must be an additional press event, then!
That's someone who's getting fired

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Yes we'll be there tomorrow, so we'll have lots of updates heading your way on the website and Facebook/Twitter :)
Fantastic! Will there be any reviews of the attraction from yourself and any other team members who go, or are you being kept under secrecy by Towers?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.