• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I've not closely followed any new projects and constructions as I'm quite new to this! What sort of pictures and info will we get from the site and what's happening during closed season? Or will it be a case of waiting till March/Feburary?

TST usually has someone with a decent camera able to take a few nice shots of progress from public places throughout closed season. The Christmas event may bring a few photos depending on how close you're able to get to the site whilst the old Feb half term event would have done much the same.

:)

On the other hand, expect hired planes, helicopters, stealth aircraft, drones and multiple satellites going over the construction site from certain forums. Never underestimate the excessive levels a geek will go to to have the upper-hand with theme park and coaster knowledge...

unnamed4-1940x1270.jpg

I think work on SW8 has started because at Scarefest The Flume boats had disappeared for the back of the maintanence area for the rapids, monorail and flume. The bathtubs were there back in June though. So maybe the park are doing Behind The Scenes work but we are not seeing it.

I would love to see the old flume tubs up for sale.
In September I requested the possibility of buying something from them..

They would not sell me what I asked for, but part of their reply said -

"...That's not to say that there won't be more opportunities to grab your very own slice of Alton Towers Resort, sooner rather than later - but at present I'm afraid that I can't confirm details of any upcoming sales"

bit of an auction like Chessington me thinks :p

Or they are being roughed up to make a new themed area for towers minus the coaster! Wait for it a Merlin Exclucive!!!!!!

A post apocalyptic log flume land. With the worlds first non operational log flume theming.

In September I requested the possibility of buying something from them..

They would not sell me what I asked for, but part of their reply said -

"...That's not to say that there won't be more opportunities to grab your very own slice of Alton Towers Resort, sooner rather than later - but at present I'm afraid that I can't confirm details of any upcoming sales"

bit of an auction like Chessington me thinks :p

I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Sandbrook already has first dibs on one, probably already has one or two sitting amongst his large collection :D

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.