• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Could this large structure not be just a pirate?

Unlikely. After further examination I really don't think this is a Wicker "Man" - look at the protruding snout from the face. It could well be some kind of minotaur or centaur after others speculated the bits at the side may be horns.

So it either has a long animal like face, or I'm looking at the top-down photo all wrong. Could well be a man with quite a buldging penis in his lower regions. :tearsofjoy:

For anyone not familiar with a minotaur, compare this with the structure:

Minotaur.jpg

WICKERMAN-stag.jpg

Wicker Man festivals have often had statues/features such as the one above which does seem to be a similar shape to the one featured in the plans.

Something along the lines of a mythical creature like the one seen above could fit into an enchanted style theme if I'm thinking about it, so it'll be interesting to see where this heads.

Why are we even speculating? We all know this giant ... whatever ... will be the first thing to get scrapped when they start going over-budget.

More like it will be the only piece of theming the whole ride gets....then of course like you say the budget will run out and the finished product will look more like a limp scarecrow than a wicker man. I mean look at the marmaliser for goodness sake...naffer than naff.

More like it will be the only piece of theming the whole ride gets....then of course like you say the budget will run out and the finished product will look more like a limp scarecrow than a wicker man. I mean look at the marmaliser for goodness sake...naffer than naff.

I actually thought they did a good job with the marmaliser, it's quite a unique piece and does really add to the ride experience when all the effects are switched on (hardly ever).

It's the rest of the theming for that ride I find utterly poor, and half of it from the plans is missing anyway.

Wait, a couple of water squirts and a few LEDs that blink pathetically at you as you rush past in the open daylight because the park never opens in the evening "adds something"?
The Marmaliser was clearly intended to be clad in something fancy, rather than left as bare truss, and they improvised when they ran out of cash.

Wait, a couple of water squirts and a few LEDs that blink pathetically at you as you rush past in the open daylight because the park never opens in the evening "adds something"?
The Marmaliser was clearly intended to be clad in something fancy, rather than left as bare truss, and they improvised when they ran out of cash.
It fits really well with the theme of the ride don't see what your complaining about.
If it's like swarm in that it's got several theming features then it should be a great ride.

Reactions: pj
The Marmaliser works well for head chopper moments only, especially when you pass under the Flasher. The idea of the effects was good, however the execution, and subsequent maintennance, let it down imo.

The screen works well however, and the sheer size of the thing is fairly impressive when you first walk under it in the queue line.

The poor reliability of the effects is because it's badly designed - like the entire Smiler project.

Half the effects would take Einstein to be able to access/fix.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Have I made this up (can't be bothered researching) or do these Wickerman things supposedly get set on fire?

Perhaps the pipes are to supply a mist effect to look like smoke.

And regarding The Giggler, the misters were working on Good Friday, at least in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.