• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I like the idea of a duel re-theme to ghost busters or Scooby doo. It will appeal to the families and duel was terrible so it needs a lot of work in my opinnion.
I wanna see a scoobydoo retheme!!! have you seen duel lights on I didn't relise there was a tree in the middle with horse and carriage and the cracked walls rock and move :0 also Im pretty sure they extended the ride at some point ? I added a link hopefully Im allowed could see anything about it in the rules but the themeing is pretty ace

I'm sure we are ment to be talking about SW8 here. I'm hoping some kind of head chopper with that theming element. As long as there is nothing hanging between the legs.

I wanna see a scoobydoo retheme!!! have you seen duel lights on I didn't relise there was a tree in the middle with horse and carriage and the cracked walls rock and move :0 also Im pretty sure they extended the ride at some point ? I added a link hopefully Im allowed could see anything about it in the rules but the themeing is pretty ace

I'll never forget that day

..... That &!#*+ng ice cream van....

Nice video- i "liked" it on You Tube!
Hi so I had some time to really study the sections and elevations (my university corse actually came in useful who would have thought it) so it seems it has a thached roof on the buildings and what from the floor plan what looks to be stairs to the first floor when you que to get into the building then theres stairs down to the ride area when you board the ride Im guessing this because from what I can see the staff oporaters box is on the same level its gonna have an aged weathered effect. Any way theres 2 themotronic sections on the sections and elevations one which looks to be the wicker man from the horror film but I doubt it with it being a family coaster Im still thinking its enchanted village the structures made from dark forest thinnings. also the burger kitchen in mutiny bay is labeled up as burger king so I really do hope there putting burger king back.

The main station building and the games say signage zone so there not giving anything away name wise I even checked the little info box just says sw8

@xRetroxCraftx what is your point? Why would it be enchanted village themed? Why would you be excited by Burger King (old plan used) and why would the operators box make any difference to ride theme and experience??

It's looking like it might be wickerman themed. Typical over dark theme for a family coaster just to give it a bit more hype. Oh and as Merlin love it could be another dark theme!!!

Sorry @xRetroxCraftx I did not mean to seem harsh.

Being excited at the prospect of Burger King? Someone obviously hasn't experienced the offerings from Burger King at Thorpe Park recently... :)

For what you pay at the Burger kitchen your better off bringing sandwiches or going to pizza and pasta for a few extra quid. The food is alright but not of high quality and definitely not worth what you pay for!

Is their still a restaurant in the plans?

LOL kids just give me that "wtf are you doing taking sausages out of a coffee flask?" look, infact most people my generation give me that look too.... maybe that explains the wierd looks...

It's looking like it might be wickerman themed. Typical over dark theme for a family coaster just to give it a bit more hype. Oh and as Merlin love it could be another dark theme!!!

Sorry @xRetroxCraftx I did not mean to seem harsh.
its ok and I think the wicker man thing could just be hype to trick you it is birmingham mail where talking about xD I think it could be themed off a movie though maby like the mummy or somthing

I've just carried out a big clear up of this thread removing posts that were either way off topic or just not contributing anything to discussion about SW8 in a meaningful manner.

Can we please try and keep things on topic and constructive.

Thanks.

:)

Have there been any leads to what could be secret about the ride? The layout on the plans doesn't constitute the hefty £15million price tag if indeed this is true but the SW tag has always usually been synonymous with something secretive.

I just hope it's not a Mystic Timbers affair o_O

I really cannot see there being anything special/secret about the coaster itself (track and train). There has been talk of a possible inversion on the plans but I don't see that happening.

There is going to be some form of 'pre-show' by the looks of it though and if I had to guess I would say that some sort of effects here will provide the 'secret weapon' element of the ride as it were. It can't be any worse than #WhatsInTheShed mind!

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.