• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Are we sure the Wickerman IP has been registered specifically for this ride or could Wickermsn be for something else within the Merlin stable? As said it's a really dark IP for something that is essentially going to fill the void between Octonauts and Runaway Mine Train?
I think this IP won't be used for SW8. It could be used for a scaremaze doubt the woodie will be themed to this.
A Viking re-theme for Mutiny bay could work well.
Obviously that wouldn't fit Gloomy wood into it so it's probably something else.
I would like to see a Ghostbusters re-theme of Duel.

The thing is, someone working on the site leaked something on social media about working on a Wicker Man ride weeks and weeks before Alton even registered the IP or whatever it is. That would be quite the co-incidence wouldn't it? Then add on the fact that we now see a massive figure type themeing element on the plans......

Unless Towers are just playing a blinder and releasing fake leaks etc.

Maybe if I've missed something amongst the many pages of this thread (and I don't doubt that it will be themed to a Wickerman) but has the SW8 IP actually been registered yet?

There doesn't seem to be any sign on the official registers (as far as I can see).

I know we moan about Towers a lot, but I've got to give them credit for how well things seem to be progressing with SW8. With construction for The Smiler, IIRC, Gerst weren't on site until close to the end of the season, which is also when the track started to arrive. It seems like Towers are actually pulling their fingers out and getting on with it much quicker, which is great! :)

That's very true. It's also worth remembering that at this time of year for the Smiler's construction, no groundworks had taken place at all other than removing the Black Hole tent. Course, another plus point is that TG Cruse aren't involved at all this time. :p

The secret element is either inside or non existent then. If they're on site already then surely we'd be able to see the majority of the finished layout through the viewing windows or on the sky ride by the end of scarefest?

I know we moan about Towers a lot, but I've got to give them credit for how well things seem to be progressing with SW8. With construction for The Smiler, IIRC, Gerst weren't on site until close to the end of the season, which is also when the track started to arrive. It seems like Towers are actually pulling their fingers out and getting on with it much quicker, which is great! :)

Wait for winter, it will all come to a halt. :p

The secret element is either inside or non existent then. If they're on site already then surely we'd be able to see the majority of the finished layout through the viewing windows or on the sky ride by the end of scarefest?

It is a standard wooden rollercoaster with a magnetic lift hill system (that could maybe act as some sort of moderate launch) and a very small possibility of an inversion. There won't be a secret element! Anything 'secret' as it were will be more any possible effects in a pre-show I would imagine.

:)

It is a standard wooden rollercoaster with a magnetic lift hill system (that could maybe act as some sort of moderate launch) and a very small possibility of an inversion. There won't be a secret element! Anything 'secret' as it were will be more any possible effects in a pre-show I would imagine.

:)

Hopefully more exciting than the Kings Island post show tunnel

SW8 is on-site, I'm super excited now! It won't be long until construction goes vertical! :D
There's a Wood coaster finally at Towers! After all that time we've finally got a wood coaster!

The thing is, someone working on the site leaked something on social media about working on a Wicker Man ride weeks and weeks before Alton even registered the IP or whatever it is. That would be quite the co-incidence wouldn't it? Then add on the fact that we now see a massive figure type themeing element on the plans......

Unless Towers are just playing a blinder and releasing fake leaks etc.
Wickerman trademark registered. Check.
Worker leaks info about wickerman. Check.
Plans submitted for wickerman like structure. Check.

Yep, it's fake alright.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.