• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Woah, don't get too ahead of yourself! Bare in mind wooden coaster's take a lot longer than steel so they had to take that into account. I've heard various people state they have been behind schedule but managed to catch up. We shall see how it looks come the end of the season! :D

It was only a few weeks ago that they were ahead of schedule and things have progressed very well since then so I would hope they've not fallen behind! Either way there is plenty of time built into this project for a delay.

:)

It was only a few weeks ago that they were ahead of schedule and things have progressed very well since then so I would hope they've not fallen behind! Either way there is plenty of time built into this project for a delay.

:)

Should have probably clarified, I had heard they were behind schedule in around march and managed to catch up but was unaware of them now being ahead. Pretty good going! Still got many many weeks to go yet :D

Compared to the Smiler construction site there seems to be a lot more activity here. I remember week after week I used to look at the site and you would barely see more than 5 workers, compared to SW8 where there seems to be loads going on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: pj
Construction of a wooden coaster would be vastly different to a steel coaster. Far more construction in situ than off-site, as would be the case with the smiler.

I am liking the slow self advertising of construction, which fits this type of ride construction. Seeing the ride grow almost organically out of the ground.

More mention of the wicket man theme
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/alton-towers-rides-rated-2017-13006368

I wonder if they are in the know or have read speculation on here?
Seen that article about SW8, The pictures were taken from TowersTimes and a Shawn Sanbrooke video is used at the end also he hope it to be 'World's First Stand-Up Wooden Rollercoaster' I don't think he knows alot about rollercoasters to be honest, I find that Alton Towers are promoting this on their Facebook...

A stand up woodie would certainly be interesting, and it may help to make this dull layout more fun.

Unlikely to happen though I guess.

A stand up woodie would be literally the worst idea ever. I can't believe people are actually welcoming it!? :confused:

Stand ups are god awful. Just let them die out. :p

Change of subject on the woodie stand up idea!!!! As a carpenter I'm watching this as well as others at the mo, thinking this would be my dream job. Coaster+wood awsome

I'm convinced there will be some sort of gimmick in the pre show. They can afford to flaunt the construction in front of us all outside but can hide whatever they want inside.

Failing that, track hugging floorless trains would be a great one.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.