• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Construction is really progressing! After seeing the site today it has changed so much over the few months of this season!

Could we see an inversion through the steel structure that is being built?

We are seeing advances in the build within days. This is a pic posted on Towers Street FB page, and it certainly didn't look like this a couple of days ago

oWRYQ6DzJuXlTRLQy9GpDFb95ediLYNGzRXnkPlaatuTxx7wP5NQJ8K7p5Km8FernK7rnD3mABC0jikyJzlP5veaF2mqzwnUlVnPKnOzKCQgMS2JFV0Za9nLAtJ7HrgnEv1MWg

Edit... the thing that's been catching my eye, is the wood inside the metal structure, obviously it's going to be part of the track, but I can't make out the layout of the track from within? Look's very interesting

Last edited:
The theming object is huge and it's not even finished yet! I reckon that it will be taller than any single support on the construction site in terms of height from the ground to the top of structure.

:)

The theming object is huge and it's not even finished yet! I reckon that it will be taller than any single support on the construction site in terms of height from the ground to the top of structure.

:)

Yeah I think it's got a bit to go yet. There are plates at the top of the current structure that are undoubtedly for attaching more structure. I posted a lot of images of the structure here:

http://themeparkguide.biz/news-page/news-display/1304

Can't work out why but I'm genuinely hopeful about SW8. Maybe it is because they seem to be well ahead of time and what they've built so far looks to be of a good quality.

If it was not for the layout in the planning application looking to short and basic I would be calling SW8 the best attraction we've seen Merlin deliver. The proof will be in the final product.

*Cough* *Cough* Credit to Theme Park Guide.

It's no my fault that the person who posted the pics on TT didn't give credit to TPG :p At least I had the decency to own up where I stole the pics from instead of giving the impression that they are mine :rolleyes:;)

I don't follow TPG on face book, but here is another one of their pics

19466303_1347779871943975_748198478504463738_o.jpg

I got to admit, this coaster don't looks all that exciting on the plans, but seeing the coaster going up has really got me excited :)

Can't work out why but I'm genuinely hopeful about SW8. Maybe it is because they seem to be well ahead of time and what they've built so far looks to be of a good quality.

If it was not for the layout in the planning application looking to short and basic I would be calling SW8 the best attraction we've seen Merlin deliver. The proof will be in the final product.
I get that feeling as well. I suspect it could partly be because we've set our expectations so low after what's happened in the past, and are so far being pleasantly surprised with everything. The seemingly rapid pace of construction, the sheer scale of this theming element...All the initial signs are pretty positive. Regarding the theming element, I was saying to Diogo the other night that I have a feeling they'll probably end up cladding the steel structure with wood to keep it in line with whatever theme it ends up having. Plus it could look a bit weird having a load of exposed steel at one part of a WOODEN coaster. :p

It's no my fault that the person who posted the pics on TT didn't give credit to TPG :p At least I had the decency to own up where I stole the pics from instead of giving the impression that they are mine :rolleyes:;)

I don't follow TPG on face book, but here is another one of their pics

19466303_1347779871943975_748198478504463738_o.jpg

I got to admit, this coaster don't looks all that exciting on the plans, but seeing the coaster going up has really got me excited :)

I didn't realise that TPG is your site KingNemesis, I'll have to follow you on FB to makeup for it ;)

Looking back over on the TT site, they did give you credit for it right at the bottom of the post, something that I over looked :oops:

If you would that would be great ;) To be honest I missed it the first time being at the bottom.

When I looked it stated it but they may have edited the post.
Anyway, It really is impressive the pace this is going up... Compared to when we visited 10 days ago...

p1220828.jpg

If you would that would be great ;)

I've just like your FB page, I notice the word Stretchy on the bottom of the photo of your previous post, just so that I don't get my wires crossed again, is that you? From Tower Nerds live coverage? If yes, I met you a few fireworks ago and spoke to you along with my wife.

Anyway, It really is impressive the pace this is going up... Compared to when we visited 10 days ago...

That was something that I had really notice with our couple of visits earlier on this month.

I've just like your FB page, I notice the word Stretchy on the bottom of the photo of your previous post, just so that I don't get my wires crossed again, is that you? From Tower Nerds live coverage? If yes, I met you a few fireworks ago and spoke to you along with my wife.

Thank you, I is not Stretchy, however we are good friends with him and since Towers Nerd is sadly no more Stretchy allows us to use his photos for updates etc. rather than his lovely photos going to waste.

They are indeed getting a move on which is great to see. The winter can be unpredictable at Alton and has slowed down construction of new coasters before, I like that they're shifting with it. I'm still intrigued as to where this ride is going though, they've been extremely tight lipped whilst Mandy has been chucking Icon around and rightly so. Does anyone else get the feeling Alton are going to drop some kind of info bomb and level up the playing field somewhat? Or is that just wishful thinking lol :oops:

I reckon it'll be fairly quiet and then we'll get finished theming thing, confirmation of facts and POV in short order

Probably a crazy idea, but what with the possibility of an inversion and all... What if this was Worlds first backwards wooden coaster? If it does turn out to have an inversion, or a launch, it will certainly be more thrilling. Plus it fits in with merlin's "World first" thing..

Just my thoughts though :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.