• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I really don't see that happening, the supports going through the theming element makes it look like it's going to be a tight squeeze, and after riding Wodan, it's safe to say a stand up woody would be GROSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally don't think a standup woodie would be a good idea.
Has there ever been a floorless woodie?
But my opinion is that if there is a world's first it will be theme based. But I also believe that there could be a European first or the UK first. I'm not aware of any inverting woodies in Europe.

An inverting woodie would be marketable. It wouldn't necessarily mean that it'd be any good, however.

An inverting woodie would be marketable. It wouldn't necessarily mean that it'd be any good, however.
I would only want the inversion if it adds something to the ride. Maybe they could have something like a barrel roll that goes over a water fountain or fire effect. I think that the world's first element will be theming based as they can control that without it becoming public knowledge. as that could be built in the closed season.

I think that the world's first element will be theming based as they can control that without it becoming public knowledge. as that could be built in the closed season.

I don't think there will be a 'world's first' with SW8, there's been no mention of one so far.

I don't think there will be a 'world's first' with SW8, there's been no mention of one so far.

Maybe not world’s first but the term ground breaking in the banner sounds like there will be something new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would've said that it's a hybrid but ok. With the current angle of the lift hill I'm thinking that there could be some kind of maverick style LSM launch they did say the lift would be magnetic. Although a launched woodie isn't a worlds first it is a Europes first though this is unlikely to be the usp of the ride. I think the ride would have something better as a main new feature/experience of the ride.

Happy I found this place! :D ...Just joined so I'm unsure of a lot of things that have been posted but.. The fact that they are calling it 'ground breaking' may indicate to a floorless coaster?!

There is no worlds first. I'm sure marketing will hone in on something (we know the thing as a small launch so that maybe), but there's no world first just like there was no washing machine on The Smiler.

Uhhhhh... why?
'Ground-Breaking' Like you know.. No 'ground' on the coaster cart as it is floorless... :) I'm also thinking it might have something to do with the coaster carts simply because the whole site is able to be seen and therefore surprises are hard to keep under wraps. A coaster cart can be hidden till the near end :D

I'm also thinking it might have something to do with the coaster carts simply because the whole site is able to be seen and therefore surprises are hard to keep under wraps. A coaster cart can be hidden till the near end :D
Hmm, you could have a point there.
Unlikely though; it's probably just marketing, but we'll just have to wait and see....
(PS, welcome to Towers Street!)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.