• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Happy I found this place! :D ...Just joined so I'm unsure of a lot of things that have been posted but.. The fact that they are calling it 'ground breaking' may indicate to a floorless coaster?!

I can't think of a floorless wooden coaster, so if SW8 is that then I'd be happy in all honesty.

Welcome to the forum BTW!

"World's first CBeebies Land"

"UKs First CBeebies Land Hotel"

Theme "world's first" seems obvious at this point. That doesn't bother me too much, as that actually means Towers are building a simple and solid woodie, with no dodgy/temperamental technology attached.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

"World's first CBeebies Land"

"UKs First CBeebies Land Hotel"

Theme "world's first" seems obvious at this point. That doesn't bother me too much, as that actually means Towers are building a simple and solid woodie, with no dodgy/temperamental technology attached.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Hopefully they realise they need a solid ride that's gonna attract people's attention rather than a problem ride I.e galactica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is a worlds first, which I think there probably will be, it will likely not be some pointless gimmick in terms of the ride, track and train. I expect this to be a standard wooden coaster from GCI. Gimmicky effects/IP? I would not be surprised!

This really is flying up now though, I'd imagine the lift hill will be completed at some point this week. Looking forward to seeing it myself when I next visit!

:)

I can't think of any gimmicky effects that Merlin could manage to maintain. Come to think of it, I can't think of any gimmicky effects at all. Maybe fire? Seems like a good idea right by a wooden structure.. (not)

I would like the theme to be cabin in the woods sort of gloomy and surrounded by trees - th13teen style

True but if more of an effort was made to make it look better rather than a ride with 2 trees it could work well

The only groundbreaking world first that I could think off is if they cut and cover the lower parts of the ride, but leave an opening at the top of each "airtime hill' so that you literally break out of the ground at the apex of each one.

World's first peek a boo roller coaster ( hell, it's better than "world's first roller coaster fully dedicated to VR!).

You might not be too far wrong there, some of the track looks to be heading into the ground at one point and there's another section that looks like it goes under the station building, I did get some photos but they are stuck on my phone at mo.

I havn't looked closely at the plans though so this might not be news to you all, also the wood on what I assume is the lift hill looks too thin and flimsy to be part of the main structure, but rather a rough guide to perhaps make construction or access during it easier.

I think we may be seeing a smaller version of Hades 360 here. I am sure there is more track then the plans suggest looking at the layout visible from the footers. If we get that I won't be disappointed

If there is a worlds first, which I think there probably will be, it will likely not be some pointless gimmick in terms of the ride, track and train. I expect this to be a standard wooden coaster from GCI. Gimmicky effects/IP? I would not be surprised!

This really is flying up now though, I'd imagine the lift hill will be completed at some point this week. Looking forward to seeing it myself when I next visit!

:)
I think this is probably the most realistic outcome. The rides USP will be that it's the first Wooden coaster built in the UK in years, the first of it's type in the UK, and very unique for Towers. The low level wooden track and large theming structure, of which the coaster insects many times, will be the iconic sight seen in adverts and marketing. I think it's different enough for the UK to easily be marketable without a specific world's first.

If they do go for the whole world's first thing, it'll be to do with its theme or IP, along World's first "....fully dedicated to VR"/".... Cbeebies hotel" kind of lines.

It's a big if, but IF this was to have both a launch and an inversion, it would be "The World's First Launched Inverting Wooden Coaster."

I saw the lift hill structure for the first time today. The photos online do not give you any sense how tall this structure is from the base to the top, it looks very high and I've been told there is another couple of meters to go on top still. What looks like a silly rollercoaster in the original plans is now really looking stunning as it starts to take shape, now you can even clearly make out the three track sections that pass though the gigantic wicker-man sculpture, sure looks like you will be ducking your heads as you pass through it :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.