• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Another theory could it be a sea monster theme. Similar to Alton towers sea life centre, in the mutiny bay also? As well as "Krake" at Hyde Park (also merlin) As this would tie in with the pirate theme, and the burnt wood Theming object. It could be a giant sea monster you go through, maybe get wet too? See pictures below

8dc0e945a9cad5adb4ce0f3f2a480697.jpg

d890bea654f3fa2418733b63046cf278.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That could work you know....

Another theory could it be a sea monster theme. Similar to Alton towers sea life centre, in the mutiny bay also? As well as "Krake" at Hyde Park (also merlin) As this would tie in with the pirate theme, and the burnt wood Theming object. It could be a giant sea monster you go through, maybe get wet too? See pictures below

8dc0e945a9cad5adb4ce0f3f2a480697.jpg

d890bea654f3fa2418733b63046cf278.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ou

I actually think a theme like that could fit the ride and the area perfectly.
What will we actually see though maybe not this.
The major issue with the park is that the park is a mess the park needs is proper zoning. The park is very big but there are to many areas that don't make sense or fit together.
The other major issue is that within some of the areas several themes clash with each other.
Then there's the other problem of areas that have been run into the ground or had loads of their attractions closed.

So it's another Merlin staple - roll out the same theme across various rides / parks
Don't think that's a bad thing continuing a story at a different park it makes people want to visit other parks to see more of the story. Not sure it works particularly well if the rides are in different countries. I think this kind of thing should be done more in their UK parks I would imagine it would make people want to visit other parks and increase attendance.

Don't think that's a bad thing continuing a story at a different park it makes people want to visit other parks to see more of the story. Not sure it works particularly well if the rides are in different countries. I think this kind of thing should be done more in their UK parks I would imagine it would make people want to visit other parks and increase attendance.

Agreed in some sense. The oblivion theme has worked well elsewhere. As has the Nemesis brand at Thorpe. And Rita / stealth originally worked well. I guess you could say Raptor would fit in nicely at AT. My point is though it's not very imaginative. But I guess the GP wouldn't know about these other parks / themes so it wouldnt really matter. It only matters to an enthusiast.

if it's tried and tested and works why go different? Just expected more from this and AT.

Nothing confirmed yet so still hope

It really could still be anything, it's not worth getting worked up over once piece of fan speculation! I am 99% sure this will not be the same theme as Krake at Heide-Park.

:)

Bad News
IMG_3378.jpg

Credit TPG

The crest of that hill also seems to be pretty well drawn out... I really wouldn't have thought it would be going slow over that, GCI tend to build fast paced rides and they usually know what they're doing when it's comes to making fun coasters. The lack of banking does worry me though. Yeah it doesn't mean anything at the moment, but GCI love their banked turns, most of their coasters are full of them, including SW8.

So yeah, they love their banked turns, but then they also don't usually do slow sections midride. Also not that it inclines before going into the pit, again pointing towards a more faster paced turn. We'll just have to wait and see with this one I guess.

Reactions: pj
No construction pics for a few days, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!!! I'd like to see a few pics of the bents in the pit and how much airtime it looks like there is before diving under the themeing feature again.

That is a bit close to the track lol.

I see management have added an extra layer to the theming element tent to hide the fins/spikes/strange things we noticed haha!

latest pics taken yesterday by Captain Barnacles and posted on TT forum

Also the quote is a copy and paste of his post

Thought I'd post my photos from yesterday, showing what Jordan and I observed whilst on park. About 12-14 bents went up down in the pit, forming the last turn before it jumps up and drifts into the brake run, the airtime hill before the third theming element pass through is just about complete with stuff to go up above the trench gap, crossbeams are in all the way up the lift now, with a gap left between the bents above the wooden platform at the top, and something a little more interesting in the development, path edging went in just behind the main fence, quite close to the edge of the slope down into the pit too. On top of these construction developments, more ground was being cleared near the theming element for foundation prep of the three concentric turns that still need pouring.

ozbQCcq.jpg

kslLSjS.jpg

2WgZPXu.jpg

7mRmjdh.jpg

cheqTJe.jpg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.