• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Has no one noticed the Sub Terra egg on TS?

the Flume tap :p
sSyPT5n.png
I wondered where that went...

I do sometimes wonder how people always refer to Merlin as 'they' as if its some all knowing, Big Brother decision making entity. Yes, 'Merlin' do some daft things, perhaps forced into by shareholders etc, and I'm not the biggest fan. That being said, there are clearly talented people there who are passionate about what they do and work within their limitations. It seems a lot of effort is going into this and clearly a lot if it is aimed at us lot! Like anyone within a job role they will have their own frustrations. I'm trying to take it for what it is and enjoy the fun side of this marketing and hope the ride itself will live up to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so somebody else already tried the sound thing but i've done it and managed to get a message. Nothing exciting but still kinda cool!

6628e83309.jpg

The other guy did it and the noise said "be chosen", it was harder to read than yours is though and no one commented on it so I'm not sure if anyone noticed?

The other guy did it and the noise said "be chosen", it was harder to read than yours is though and no one commented on it so I'm not sure if anyone noticed?

oh damn i didnt realise someone else had a go at it already sorry!
props go to that guy for figuring it out first haha

Did anyone else think that guy pointed too much? Not reading into it, just poor presenting.

I do feel there's an issue with the coherency of the visual language surrounding this campaign so far. Sinister theme with dark pagan runes... Cut to modern cringey YouTubers.

Hmmmm...

Maybe one of them gets put inside a wicker man?

If they invite those youtubers to the opening day, then it will be a nightmare!(screeching horny preteens ect) plus, I fully expect them to spend the entire day parading around like they own the place, stealing seats off guests, cutting in line and just generally being obnoxious!
(I dislike youtubers...did that come across?)

The only thing that annoyed me about it, is that I realised I'm no longer the target audience and that means I'm probably starting to get old.

I do hope the heavy overuse of SW tag doesn't come back to haunt Merlin if the ride ends up being dull. Putting it in the same bracket as Nemesis, Oblivion, Galactica, 13 and Smiler is only going to raise expectations.

The only thing that annoyed me about it, is that I realised I'm no longer the target audience and that means I'm probably starting to get old.

I do hope the heavy overuse of SW tag doesn't come back to haunt Merlin if the ride ends up being dull. Putting it in the same bracket as Nemesis, Oblivion, Galactica, 13 and Smiler is only going to raise expectations.

Totally agree with every word of this.

If the target audience is young teens it's clearly family thrill. To make it an SW there must be something special about it - still intrigued

Does anyone else think there may be some significance to the videos being released on a Wednesday as in Wodin's day and pointing to a Norse god theme. The horned themed piece could even be a god such as Loki meaning the ride name could be Chaos.
That's a great idea because this could fit into Mutiny bay and Gloomy wood really well. There could be a possibility that Mutiny Bay and SW8 become a themed area some how tied in with Gloomy wood.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.