• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Wicker Man - General Discussion - SPOILERS! - Part One

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There's always somebody who has seen what nobody else has seen, and knows what nobody else knows.

Pretty sure I could make a few educated guesses about the remaining secrets of this ride with a fairly high degree of accuracy, to the extent that I could say 'see, I was right, after the big reveal.

Uri Gellar, Sylvia Brown and Derek Acorah have been using these cold reading and Barnum Statement techniques for years.

Thanks for the entertainment, either way! Let's face it, us nerds get so excited about these things. I can scarcely contain my bowel!

Okay guys lets cool it a little and try to keep on topic and remain civil with each other!

Whilst we do like keep things free and as open as possible here, as part of a community, there are some things that are possibly best left out. While I'm by no means doubting people have seen photos of none public things, if you are for whatever reason unable or unwilling to post them, it's possibly best to keep it to yourselves.

Once again I will take this opportunity to remind people of the report feature. If you see any posts that you feel may be breaking forum rules, please alert the team rather than taking matters into your own hands. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Respect to everyone. We all love AT and Rollercoasters so looking forward to sharing reviews of this thing.

Who knows, we may get to ride it together (actually, I'm probably better hiding behind my secret identity - I'm no oil painting).

Can I just menton Towers are counting down the 5 days until the SW8 announcement with a different SW each day, Today was Nemesis and tomorrow will be Oblivion.

I think it's a cool idea counting down until the next SW reveal with the previous SW's. And just how over the past year they've made the 'SW' brand more known than just a design codename and something enthusiants will get excited over.

Last edited:
Of course not! I was just highlighting the irony of the theme and the amount they're marketing it on social media.

My post was in jest Matt :)

Merlin have always had their finger on the pulse when it comes to marketing. Let's just hope the ride is more of a Smiler than Thirteen when it comes to matching the hype.

:confused: I believe it's 1 in 24 million but nobody died on the Smiler, so no.

Anyhoo, so the worlds first thing, is anyone expecting this to be a bit of a non-event considering it wasn't mentioned at all until recently or a have they purposely been holding back until recently?

Edit: Fact check on myself, it's 1 in 750 million.

Last edited:
:confused: I believe it's 1 in 24 million but nobody died on the Smiler, so no.

Anyhoo, so the worlds first thing, is anyone expecting this to be a bit of a non-event considering it wasn't mentioned at all until recently or a have they purposely been holding back until recently?
They did emphasize ground breaking at the start so it could be they are holding back, honestly I don't know what to expect.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Silly question but there is no way they could have built some of this coaster underground without us knowing right under our noses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Silly question but there is no way they could have built some of this coaster underground without us knowing right under our noses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not unless they add it ground afterwards...

What could they be doing with the bit under the themeing structure?

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Considering the last three "World's Firsts" have been:
- The World's First CBeebies Land Hotel
- The World's First Roller Coaster Fully Dedicated to VR
- The World's First CBeebies Land

I wouldn't go hoping for anything amazing with SW8.

Of course if there is more to the ride then that's great, I wouldn't get excited and fall into the hype trap though.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sorry to bring up a post from a while back, been away, but.....
VugZzG2.jpg

Also, the entrance feature looks rather minimalist and the sign is covered in tarpaulin. However, it may well could not be finished yet.

Confirmation that SW8 is in Gloomy Wood, not that it was needed..... ;)

On a more serious note, it is great to see these images of the coaster appear online, it really is a very impressive structure!

I caught up with a few of the new marketing videos last night and although they look good and are well made I do have concerns. They are portraying a rather dark theme, something for an older audience. This is quite clearly a family coaster, why are they not marketing it as one?

None the less I am exciting for whatever they end up revealing on Monday!

:)

Unearthed? An underground element perhaps?

If there is a "proper", major worlds first (assuming the worlds first is something to do with the coaster and not the theming e.c.t) then in order for them to do it without us noticing I would say it would have had to be done underground (possibly the section of track before the lift hill) or in the maintenance shed.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.