• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

Towers won't be communicating with ImaScore as a priority right now, nor will ImaScore be aware of the weather situation.

Staying sat firmly on the fence at the moment.

DYayThRWkAAn0Sh.jpg:large

I still reckon some stuff will be in operation for some of the day. This is just saying that they may not be able to open wicker man as intended for the full day. I will still be going just in case I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sincerely hope that all the goons in attendance over the weekend are understanding should the situation be that the rides are closed and don't kick off in a ridiculous fashion...

I would imagine that with the way Social media is these days most will not even travel as they will know. Probably get a few complaining though who didn't bother looking. What a lovely start to the season for guest services eh?

If Wicker man is shut all weekend as expected resulting in more guests on Monday and Tuesday, what’s the chances of them extending the closing time of 4pm to 5pm?

Are they gonna instruct staff to turn up tomorrow though for the whole day just on the off chance that they may open as the day goes on? That message will now put a lot of people off from travelling. Maybe they'll make a definite decision later on today and let staff know. That way, there will either be staff there to operate the rides, or there won't. If there are no staff present then even if the weather brightens up, you can't run the rides. Anyway, just had a 40-1 come in at Cheltenham (Kilbricken Storm) so that would more than make up for my lost clubcard points used on the hotel (only had a quid on)!

Are they gonna instruct staff to turn up tomorrow though for the whole day just on the off chance that they may open as the day goes on? That message will now put a lot of people off from travelling. Maybe they'll make a definite decision later on today and let staff know. That way, there will either be staff there to operate the rides, or there won't. If there are no staff present then even if the weather brightens up, you can't run the rides. Anyway, just had a 40-1 come in at Cheltenham (Kilbricken Storm) so that would more than make up for my lost clubcard points used on the hotel (only had a quid on)!
Drinks on you then!

I would imagine that all staff will be instructed to come in as normal anyway as the weather really isn’t that bad in all honesty, just not ideal for coasters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am making a habit of accidental opening days it seems. I visited AT for the Smiler on Opening day which wasn't supposed to be the actual opening day either. I booked that well in advance and was luckily on the park on the right day.

Seems like history might be repeating itself. I'll let you all know in due course the opening day for SW9. ;)